Pedalboard gets the soft (loop, loop carpet) side or gets the hard (hook, rough) side?

• Pedalboard gets the soft (loop, loop carpet) side or gets the hard (hook, rough) side? 8

1. Soft side. (8) 100%
    2. Hard side. (0) 0%

Which side of Velcro do you prefer to put on the pedalboard? Research suggests to put the soft side on pedal boards because some new pedalboards already come with the soft Velcro side installed. This makes it easy to have pedals stick to some area rugs and carpets when not using a pedalboard. But the soft side wears out faster and gets dirty.

Please choose wisely so I can choose wisely. :)

Velcro side names...

https://www.velcro.co.uk/blog/…0the%20technology%20works.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Or use 3M Dual lock tape because both sides are the same and it gives a very stable and solid lock!

Yes, this is a great option. Only not for those who change their pedals often. This tape is so strong, that the lock between the two pieces of tape is stronger than the adhesive which sticks to the pedals and pedalboard. Superglue can be a solution here, but it ain't pretty.

• Whatever you do - DON'T USE TOO MUCH. Especially with dual-lock, a little goes a LONG way.

Otherwise, you'll use a spatula to separate things. Or.....You'll use a screwdriver and bend the edges of your Stage like a friend did when he was replacing it with a Quad Cortex. (True story - and no, it wasn't me.)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yes, this is a great option. Only not for those who change their pedals often. This tape is so strong, that the lock between the two pieces of tape is stronger than the adhesive which sticks to the pedals and pedalboard. Superglue can be a solution here, but it ain't pretty.

Industrial strength Velcro has the same issue. This becomes even more of an issue when you live in a warm climate and the temperatures inside of your car can get pretty high really fast.

• I went soft side on pedalboard. I had to use some lacquer thinner to remove the glue stuck on my pair of scissors from cutting the Velcro roll to size.

I put the velcro in smaller strips on the looper and distortion pedal since I'll be swapping those two out regularly for two other pedals. Hey, it's only for the tube amps.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• I went soft side on pedalboard. I had to use some lacquer thinner to remove the glue stuck on my pair of scissors from cutting the Velcro roll to size.

I put the velcro in smaller strips on the looper and distortion pedal since I'll be swapping those two out regularly for two other pedals. Hey, it's only for the tube amps.

I use the same compressor, chorus and delay pedals on two of my boards. I actually have the mini version of the chorus and delay pedals as well on a micro board that I built. I really like the TC stuff. It is nice to be able to reprogram it if you are looking for something different that day.

• I put the hard, hook on the Pedaltrain; soft on the pedal. Doesn't damage floors when using only the pedal(s). I've never had a problem with the soft side wearing out.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

How do you route this board with the Kemper? Everything pre? Can you loop the Kemper in between?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• How do you route this board with the Kemper? Everything pre? Can you loop the Kemper in between?

This is for my tube amps (effects go into their loops) but I do use the Freqout and Keeley Compressor in front of the kemper sometimes. I do need a good OD/Dist pedal for the board. There are about 5 different ones I am considering.

You could just as easily put those effects either in the loop for kemper or put them on the Main Outs (since all of them are Stereo in/out capable).