Two occasions of RAM failure on desktop computers after upgrading to Windows 10.

• I have had two separate desktop computers with two different motherboards and two different RAM types fry on me within two months of each other. I've been told the odds are astronomical for this to happen. The common factor was that both desktops were upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, and two months of each other.

What happens when RAM fails is you will get the Windows BSOD out of no where with errors for Memory Management, errors for IRQ's, etc. I confirmed the RAM failures using Memtest86.

Please let me know if you have heard of anyone else having these RAM failures with Windows 10. I am wondering if Windows 10 is the cause.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I know you are working on your studio, have the computers been in a high humidity environment? If so, the pins on the RAM etc may get oxidized and disconnect randomly. I have not seen this happen on modern computers, it may only be a thing from the old days.

Might not hurt to clean the pins/contacts.

I hope it is not Win10 Pro becuase my main PC is also an upgraded Win7 Pro machine.

• I know you are working on your studio, have the computers been in a high humidity environment? If so, the pins on the RAM etc may get oxidized and disconnect randomly. I have not seen this happen on modern computers, it may only be a thing from the old days.

Might not hurt to clean the pins/contacts.

I hope it is not Win10 Pro becuase my main PC is also an upgraded Win7 Pro machine.

I've have never reseated Ram before. I install it once and never touch it again. The first computer is about 6-7 years old. The second computer was about 4 years old. The first one (my DAW computer) went down about 2 weeks before the studio work began. The second one happened last week. The only thing the two computers have in common is the OS and are on for long hours each day. The CPU's are Intel but different models and the GPU's are nVidia but different models. Different areas of the house, different circuits, etc.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have not had RAM issues but I did have an issue with really high hard drive usage on one of my laptops. I looked for a solution for it for a long time and couldn't find one. I started using that laptop again earlier this year and this issue was killing the speed of the laptop. I started digging again. I was going to replace the hard drive because I was thinking it had to be a hardware issue if nobody else was having this issue. After a bunch of testing and digging, I found this to be a bug in Windows 10 that they evidently have not fixed. All it took to solve the problem was to change one registry entry from a 1 to a 0. It works great now. That setting disables a disk reading feature they had implemented that has issues.

I say all of that to say that you may be running into a bug as well and there may be a fix. It may take some research to figure it out.