NAMM News - Is there anything new from our friends at Kemper?

• Come on, Kemper Team....could you at least give us a countdown?^^ It's like sitting outside the delivery room with your pregnant wife inside without a cue how long is going to take.....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• JCM800s were fine before they "updated" them. So is my Kemper. Mine can sound just like a 71 Marshall, a Dumble or a Tweed Deluxe. Nobody complains those amps haven't been updated.

For the most part, I agree.

Great sound, is great sound. The KPA manages to get many different great sounds very right and does it in a VERY gig friendly form factor.

Saying that, in the world of digital amps/profilers, consumer expectations are somewhat different. These products inherently have the ability to be updated, get new features, and greatly improve without the purchase of a new amp.

Personally, I am quite good with the KPA the way it is. It gets the job done in fantastic fashion night after night of use.

Still ..... I look forward to improved "fill in the blank" :). How can one not?

FWIW, I believe that @CK will release a Kemper Mini next. This is, by far, the most marketable and profitable path for him to take for his companies growth. It also completes a really nice product portfolio of profilers.

But you are correct, if you need a gig machine, the Kemper is simply a fantastic product that is unrivaled in the industry for this purpose IMO. No updates are needed to make this true.

I would say that the next generation really does need to have a color touch screen to remain relevant for the next 15 years. That upgrade alone could make for a pretty nice upgrade in user experience for setup. Gigging? Naw. The current FC is a really nice interface IMO. Hard to imagine how to make it much more usable.

• Yes, I'm an "Old Guy" that has done a thousand nights with an amp, pedals,modelers,racks switching systems etc. So a Kemper is a step up for me. A true statement is Kemper can copy anybody's amp so well the owner can't tell the difference in the "clone" of it. I just don't see how you can improve an exact copy of something. New bells whistles, lights slick interface doesn't do jack for sound. Most people get bored with anything really good and always are looking for greener pastures. I used to be that way, Now I have any amp in the world that I want to play through when correctly done, I can't see how it could be improved sound wise.

• I've heard that the Kemper Stage boots up quicker than the rack and toaster. It has WiFi, an extra USB (<- internet misinformation) and most importantly a second FX Loop...so my one (post-) NAMM wish is that the toaster/rack gets upgraded hardware to match.

• I've heard that the Kemper Stage boots up quicker than the rack and toaster. It has WiFi, an extra USB (<- internet misinformation) and most importantly a second FX Loop...so my one (post-) NAMM wish is that the toaster/rack gets upgraded hardware to match.

I have been predicting the upgrade of the rack and toaster to stage spec for years, maybe now 🤷‍♂️

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ok wow. for those who don’t have time to watch the video:

- rig Manager Profiling Assistant (profiling through rig manager)

- builtin market place (with „tryout“ function)

- android support

- usb audio

- liquid profiling (this sounds huge. A moddeling module, that lets you recreate the controls of the original amp. you can even apply it to existing profiles if you still know the settings it was profiled at)

(by the way: rig manager version shown is 3.4.25)

and also: the same hardware after 10 years. Kemper Support #1 make some merch available to purchase. I want to throw some money at you.
    This shows me, that it was the right decision for me to buy the profiler instead of a tube amp when I started to play live.