NAMM News - Is there anything new from our friends at Kemper?

• I’m not after a fight here, but let us not pretend that this forum is any different. There seems to be individuals on this very forum who, too, are quite delusional and confrontational with their passion for the Kemper.

It’s quite off putting for people new to either device or forum and it’s quite sad that we can’t just accept the pro’s and con’s of each unit.

Why there is the occasional idiot that flys in from no where I think you’ll find this forum is quite different.

No regular contributors here would ever shit on the Axe. It is always held in high regard and given the respect it’s earned.

Having said that where competitors fail are company ethics and behaviour.

This seems to filter down to the members here and I can only speak for myself but is most certainly a thing that creates trust, open mindedness and a general feeling of satisfaction.

I would not expect anyone that is not a long term user to understand this though.

I know you would never see CK have a public dummy spit like Cliff, way too much class.

For your reading pleasure a link to a post I made last year kinda sums it up in a real world experience.

Kemper repair dilemma.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

Edited once, last by Delinquent ().

• Quote: “Can I ask why you format as you do? It is not any standard style that I am aware of. One or two spaces after a period is the norm to separate sentences.. – snipped for shortness - Almost 200 lines for a simple post?”

Quote: “I’m not arguing with this and with due respect given, life is too short to read through all that, so I haven’t.”

Unfortunately for you, as your friend disclosed above, it’s actually, really quite short. Therefore, very easy to read, so there’s no genuine reason not to as it truly wouldn’t take long at all.

Unless of course, there were no genuine arguments left in one’s arsenal, having had all the previous ones, shot down so very easily.

Having been readily taken apart, it’s no wonder, one declines to read as you do.

To be forced to rethink, poorly conceived conclusions.

Quote: “In answer to one of things I feel you haven’t got a clue about, regarding “What other manufacturer has given so many upgrades, completely freely to its customers?”, Fractal. Regular updates for its products (for free) and way more regularly than Kemper does.”

With respect, feeling someone hasn’t got a clue, does not make it so in reality.

However, the globally accepted rules of debate delineate that engaging in Ad Homien attacks.

(Insulting, demeaning or attacking the person rather than addressing the issue under debate) signal the person engaging in such underhand devices, has effectively lost their argument.

And the whole debate!

If one is going to indulge oneself in debate.

It would appear advisable to at least, take steps to begin to understand the rules.

Again, with respect, it would appear that where debating is concerned, you appear to suffer from the very issue, you actually accuse me of.

A very dear colleague of mine, founded an Institute of Counselling, where they train people to become personal counsellors to help people in need of such assistance.

They train candidates to various levels up to MA and BA (Hons) level certificated by the University of London. I got involved with them at a time when they required new premises to work from.

We organised a tour of events starting at The Royal Albert Hall and touring. 145,000 people bought tickets and we raised the money to acquire a Large Estate and Major Stately Home, within one single week.

The founder was a very experienced man in helping people with their problems and he would say on occasions: “always take careful note of what a person will point out and criticise in another. It is an infallible law of the human personality that people criticise in others, the aspect they most dislike about themselves.”

Therefore, I repeat: “Again, with respect, it would appear that where debating is concerned, you appear to suffer from the very issue you accuse me of.”

Thank you, for once again proving the absolute validity of my dear friend’s observations and assertions.

I have always found them to be, invariably trustworthy and reliable.

In regard to Fractal. I looked at them long and hard but felt the Kemper to be a superior company in every respect. This is about people and ethics etc.et al. True innovators and the clear market leaders with a far better product and user interface from my perspective.

Interesting that you failed to mention Fractals recent substantial price increase in 2023.

Perhaps that is how they are able to give away free updates!

Quote: “Can I ask why you format as you do? It is not any standard style that I am aware of. One or two spaces after a period is the norm to separate sentences..”

– snipped for shortness –

“Almost 200 lines for a simple post?”

Have you ever read P. G. Wodehouse's brilliant "Jeeves and Wooster" or any of his stories?

The late Queen Elizabeth’s Mother, King Charles Grandmother, would spend an hour every afternoon, sitting with a Gin and Tonic, giggling like a schoolgirl at these incredible funny stories.

His writing style fits your descriptions of mine perfectly, yet his is far more radically spacious so apparently far more deserving of the unwarranted personal criticism you have specifically aimed at myself.

I fear you have fallen into the same trap as you friend, once again, as you did so conspicuously previously, indulging in Ad Hominin attacks. Attacking the person rather than the real actual issue under debate. I deprecate the fact that your short-term memory appears to be failing you at this point in your life, but only genuinely wish you well for the future.

For those unfamiliar with the concept of an Ad Hominem attack.

In sporting terms, they are the direct equivalent of a sports man, perhaps lacking the ability and talent to correctly tackle the ball; to unsportsmanlike tackle the person instead, and try to take out the man, rather than win the ball.

It is common in debate, when individuals have no real argument left to withdraw into attempting to discredit, belittle or in some way mildly insult the person they are unsuccessfully debating and losing to. In the forlorn hope that no one will notice, and mistake their insults, for genuine points of argument.

Therefore, under the established rules of proper debate, the first person to indulge in such deplorable behaviour, is deemed to immediately have lost both their argument and the entire debate.

I could explain why I write as I do.

However, it would make for a rather unnecessarily long post.

Furthermore, as it would involve a very interesting explanation, I don’t want to place myself in the position, of so richly rewarding, deplorably bad behaviour.

During my life it has been my humble privilege to assist future Prime Ministers and Presidents of America, who have thus benefitted. If you can improve your behaviour, you may find yourself similarly benefitting, when it is appropriate.

Thanks for playing once again! :)

• Crispy Panther Fractal's price increase had nothing to do with me answering your question about “What other manufacturer has given so many upgrades, completely freely to its customers?”. I gave you an answer, a perfectly good one, whether you like Fractal or not, or whether you chose to buy their products over Kemper's or not. What I stated is factual. One only has to look at Fractal's change log and frequency to realise that what I said is true. They release far more frequently than Kemper. If you don't want to hear answers to your questions, don't ask them.

I'm not trying to troll here, but your ignorance to this is part of the reason that I don't want to argue/debate about anything else you've spoken about in your lengthy responses (which talk about your close friends who I don't know and don't really have time to read about) as it's not enlightening to me and nor are your wise words enriching my life. Many thanks.

• With respect.

There are so very many points of yours that have been effectively dealt with.

But only one singularly, solitary answer, that you appear to have been capable of responding with.

I appreciate your reluctance to engage.

And am given to understand that approach and avoidance, is common and basic, found in all forms of living organisms, right down to single cell creatures.

Thanks for playing :)

• No, I'm simply reiterating how robotic you're sounding. You mention politicians etc, and it's all very pretentious, which is fine if that's what you're going for, but like a politician, you're refusing to acknowledge the ONE, single, point that I'm continuing to make. So why on earth would I further validate that behaviour by further indulging you and delving deeper into other parts of your debate - when I know that anything I say will be ignored in favour of further pretentious floundering around the subject. I think it's time we both signed off, for now, because it seems that you've made it your duty for the day to belittle me and I seem to have lowered myself to that, unwittingly, to you, too. For which, I apologise.

• Can we get back on topic guys?

Anyone who does not rate the Fractal products ( or any other similar tech - Helix, Quad and perhaps even Nam now) is foolish.

I've never used an Axe but I've heard them and many users on here that I trust have.

It is interesting though that whilst I love this forum and we generally have cordial debates, some topics send people over the edge that seem to be unnecessary.

So back to the functions.....the comments on a Kemper 2 were also very interesting...I liked TJ analysis...

• Quote: “I know that anything I say will be ignored in favour of further pretentious floundering around the subject.”

It’s a pity you have deigned not to read the earlier posts, because you could have by so doing avoided falling into precisely the same trap as earlier, once again.

With respect, you appear to be claiming that I haven’t responded to some point of yours. When in reality, from the very first interchange, I’ve responded to insulting and belittling claims, point by point and blow by blow, effectively shooting down them all.

Your second post included the line: “life is too short to read through all that, so I haven’t.” Clearly, from the start you have deliberately and repeatedly ignored and attempted to avoid engaging with the successful responses to your assertions. Thus, proving yet again the truth espoused by my dear friend:

“Always take careful note of what a person will point out and criticise in another. It is an infallible law of the human personality that people criticise in others, the aspect they most dislike about themselves.”

All of us, I hope will admit we make mistakes from time of time. It’s simply a part of being human.

The great trick in life though, is to positively learn from the mistakes we make.

And thus, heartily commend it to you as a helpful way forward.

Thanks Again for Playing 😊

Quote: “Anyone who does not rate the Fractal products (or any other similar tech - Helix, Quad and perhaps even Nam now) is foolish.”

To be honest, though there is a plethora of good products out there.

In regard to them all including and perhaps most especially the Fractal, I never liked their user interfaces at all. They lost me right at that very point.

I tremendously prefer the user interface of the Kemper with its extensive layout of knobs, which to me at least, makes the Kemper Profiling Amplifier somewhat similar in design to the conventional type of amplifiers, I am most accustomed to.

I’m sure the overall design aesthetic of the Kemper has been deliberately chosen to ensure conventional old school guitarists and bassists will be entirely comfortable and immediately at ease with the controls. That to me at least, is a distinct advantage.

With respect to many other devices on the market.

Those who grew up living with digital equipment will not have any problem with them.

But those who are instinctively more familiar with traditional amplifier layouts, will like me, feel more at home with the Kemper has been my take, from the very first.

Beyond that there is the aspect of company ethos and many people have negatively remarked about Chris the founder of Fractal whose comments I have no wish to repeat.

But as someone stated earlier: “Christoph is a class act and treats his people well” and for me at least, such matters rate very highly in my estimation, and are a guiding principle, where it comes to investing money in a company’s products.

• Admin, next time ChatGPT tries to become a member of the forum, could you block it, please!

You beat me to it😹

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Does anyone have any idea about Cliffs patent, I went to check it out, he might as well been describing an anti gravity machine such is my under of such things.

Oh you’ll find member Ruefus trolling there as well.

• Thank you!

I am happy to accept your apology.

And have no ill towards yourself or indeed anyone else.

Some time back we had a gathering here, where students learn adversarial debate and the speaker, for which I have considerable admiration, spoke well about the importance of choosing words carefully.

If you visited the house of commons where the British Parliament debate you would find a golden patterned line, either side of the dispatch box where party leaders stand to speak. These two lines are an exact two sword lengths apart as sometimes a debate would mutate into a lively jousting match.

I include his talk below as its extremely interesting, some may find it so.

I wish you well, and hope you enjoy the weekend! 😊

Jordan Peterson | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union - YouTube

• Does anyone have any idea about Cliffs patent, I went to check it out, he might as well been describing an anti gravity machine such is my under of such things.

All I said was "Uhm.....I'll go with Who cares?" in response to a guy. Even got several agreements from other memebers.

The rest? Ehh.... I probably shouldn't have even bothered. But I did *not* go there with the intent to troll. I wouldn't have used my traditional screen name if I had.

There is *plenty* of material to do so, though. I managed to be called a 'disagreeable person', which I found more than a little humorous.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• All I said was "Uhm.....I'll go with Who cares?" in response to a guy. Even got several agreements from other memebers.

The rest? Ehh.... I probably shouldn't have even bothered. But I did *not* go there with the intent to troll. I wouldn't have used my traditional screen name if I had.

There is *plenty* of material to do so, though. I managed to be called a 'disagreeable person', which I found more than a little humorous.

I don’t really care mate, found it amusing, didn’t you call someone a tool? 😂

Did some searching just because I'm curious.

These are the ones I've found - by the way, I haven't looked at them yet:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160328501A1/en

https://patents.google.com/pat…n?inventor=Clifford+Chase

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20200279546A1/

It seems a bit far fetched that liquid profiling as I've understood it would violate a patent. Doesn't seem to be a very complex idea. On the other hand, CK mentions that they have a patent on it.

As to that, CK's patent may not yet be granted, and the patent that it supposedly violates might also still be under consideration.

It might also be that Kemper is aware of Cliff's patent and has deemed it to be describing something that is already prior art, so it can be challenged if it came to that (i.e., they are aware of some publicly available description of such a solution, patent or otherwise - which would invalidate any claims in a patent covering this).

That liquid profiling is "blatantly infringing" I find very hard to credit. OF COURSE Kemper are keeping tabs on what their closets competitors are registering with the patent office. But you never know, I guess.