Kemper error when updating

• I installed RM 3.350 then tried to install the OS update from 8.7.15.42312 to 8.7.17.43373 and keep getting the rror below.

The KPA then freezes and I have to restart.
    Any ideas anybody?

• my personal observation is that the RM to Profiler USB connection is pretty finicky. This is especially troublesome when a lot of laptops no longer provide USB-A ports and only USB-C ports (so you end up using a hub or other connector/adapter). RM/Profiler does not seem to care much for hubs and adapters in my experience.

• Hi GC,

No hub, straight into a USB on the PC's motherboard.
    I don't mind it not being able to do it through RM as it's easy enough using a USB stick but I wish RM wouldn't try...:)

You can use USB hub if it's active (has outputs powered by external source) I'm using TP LINK UH720 and it all works. Cheap passive USB hubs cannot deliver enough juice to all USB outputs.

• why would the Profiler need a powered USB connection from a laptop? A USB stick isn't powered and its works fine. And RM will update the Profiler using a passive hub, it's just not 100% reliable.

• why would the Profiler need a powered USB connection from a laptop? A USB stick isn't powered and its works fine. And RM will update the Profiler using a passive hub, it's just not 100% reliable.

You can go straight to laptop USB, but you can use active USB hub (with multiple USB devices).

• ok - your earlier post indicated you could use a USB hub if it's active (powered). My passive hub works as well as a direct USB C to B adapter from the laptop, in that both work but the connection is still a bit finicky. I think the Profiler just doesn't like to have any adapter or hub between it and the laptop -- which is tough when many laptops no longer have USB-A ports.

• ok - your earlier post indicated you could use a USB hub if it's active (powered). My passive hub works as well as a direct USB C to B adapter from the laptop, in that both work but the connection is still a bit finicky. I think the Profiler just doesn't like to have any adapter or hub between it and the laptop -- which is tough when many laptops no longer have USB-A ports.

I'm not sure if USB-C ports feed more power to external devices, but classic USB-A has 500mA to be shared across all connected devices.

Profiler is dumb as any electronic device. If the adapter/hub delivers enough power, Profiler just sees USB connection. If it's passive hub, devices must fight for 500maA and they get discontented time after time.