Kemper Remote Compatibility with older models?

• I'm curious if the Remote is incompatible with Kemper Profilers that were released before the remote was released. I don't think it should be an issue.

I bought Kemper (unpowered rack) with the remote. I use it with a PoE injector in my rack (one that's approved for use in the manual).

A friend has a Kemper that was made before the remote was a thing, and when we tried to connect my remote, it either wouldn't connect, or would barely power with just a line in the screen. We used the included cable from when I initially bought mine.

It shouldn't be a compatibility issue, but is it? Am I missing something??

• Should be compatible, had my head years before remote released.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• That's what I kind of figured, it might be a power issue. I only ever run my remote off of a PoE injector, I'm not sure if my remote is just used to that instead of straight to my Kemper. I'll just have to test some things and hope it's not my remote that's fried!

Thanks everyone!

• If your Remote had ever been used with wrong PoE equipment not in line with our specs, that could have damaged the part of its power supply which it requires to be fed by the PROFILER. As a result it only works while fed by PoE.

• That's what my first thought was. The PoE injector I use is definitely in with with Kemper specs; it's listed in the manual (TP-Link TL-POE 150S). In any case, it still works with my rig and I'm happy with that