Need Freddy Mercury as vocalist for your new hit song? Now A.I. can do it.

• I don't know if this is an appropriate topic for this forum. But, I just seen an article where A.I. can listen to a few bars of a singer's voice and duplicate it for you own song. I believe the internet already screwed up modern music, and now this.? Scares the hell out of me. A.I. is now music gear. The industry needs to band together and stop this fast.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I can easily see the scenario where a young classic rock fan likes EVH and gets A.I. to listen to a few bits of Eddie's hammer-ons and dive-bombs. Next thing you know, Van Halen is releasing new songs by a "music programmer" - the new star of music. Musicians will no longer be useful or needed. I don't think Copyright Laws will be able to keep up. I think this is a real bad turning point in music.

• BTW, Capitol rrecords signed it's first AI 'artist' over a year ago. AI in general, but especially with regard to music 'creation' is disturbing to me. This is really a huge philosophical discussion. In my view, there is no way to stop AI in any way (regarding music or not) and it will bring many good things to the world while also becoming part of the downfall of the human race.

• I'm extremely skeptical of this because:

1) I've yet to see true A.I. - the original chess computers were called A.I. and they are not. Most of what is being spoken about ( and happy to be corrected because I'm no expert) is more complex algorithms. So, still based upon input, analysis, output. No reasoning, emotion etc. The use of the term AI then conjures up a leap to world domination and computers independently thinking...hmm, I think we are still a very long way off

2) You can see patterns in people styles and some music programming already exists so not convinced this any kind of step change

3) Music is generally formulaic anyway for the most part. There is a close association between music, maths and therefore programming. BUT thats the basic stuff....REAL music has innovation, heart, touch etc. That means breaking rules ( which computer programming is built upon) and so its also most counter intuitive regardless of what proposed A.I. exists...

So, yes, like the Kemper profiles, we should expect profiling of a voice. Is that the end of music? Nah, its an extensionits a change etc. which many people will use to create new things....music and its creation evolves...

• I was skeptical about the ability of A.I. 10 years ago and thought we were at least 50 years away from where we are now even considering that computing technology is exponential. If it doesn't make you stop and ponder then it should. There will be no reason for commerce to hire musicians when A.I. can do it all and for free. I truly hope I am wrong about this. The graph shows the danger of exponential growth especially on things we don't yet understand or can comprehend.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't know if this is an appropriate topic for this forum. But, I just seen an article where A.I. can listen to a few bars of a singer's voice and duplicate it for you own song. I believe the internet already screwed up modern music, and now this.? Scares the hell out of me. A.I. is now music gear. The industry needs to band together and stop this fast.

What??😲 Now that’s cool. I will start making a death metal song and downtuned to drop A and have Freddy Mercurys voice. My singing is so awful anyway. 😎

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau