What's New?

• Hey, guys.

I've been immersed in trying to get some keyboard chops the past year (although you wouldn't know it from my playing), and my guitars have been shamefully ignored more often than not. Not surprisingly, I haven't been around the forums in that time, either.

I just scanned all the OS releases but couldn't really get a sense of whether or not there's been any major updates. The last update I did was the big reverb release and subsequent patches, and of course the rig manager editor release.

I know there's been a steady stream of incremental tweaks, but have they done any other major releases like that? For the most part I tend to operate in "if it ain't broke..." mode when it comes to technology, but if there are new toys to play with that's obviously a whole other thing.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Too much fun! Just watched videos for all the Legends packs as well as the Kemper Drive. I knew these guys would keep putting out cool stuff, I just didn't know what it would be.

See, now I want to play guitar again.

• Too much fun! Just watched videos for all the Legends packs as well as the Kemper Drive. I knew these guys would keep putting out cool stuff, I just didn't know what it would be.

See, now I want to play guitar again.

Rumour has it we'll be seeing something bigger in a few days!

• I think the time of big Updates is over. But we don't have to be disapointed, we get so much the last years for free and have now a stable workhorse and utility to work with. Now we can consentrate on learning and playing guitar in it's art.😜

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Updates big or small, I don't think I've ever bought gear that had this kind of continual enhancement. I've still just scratched the surface of all that I can get out of this thing. My main keyboard is a Kronos, and while it's a beast as is, Korg updates are nothing like Kemper. I like buying gear that I won't outgrow, and both qualify, but the Kemper just keeps getting better and better (unlike my playing).

I have all the M Britt profiles, which really covers the kind of thing I do pretty comprehensively. However, given that the Legends packs are free and they also cover the classic rock genre, why not? And I was really impressed with the versatility of the Kemper Drive. I haven't been gigging (and it wouldn't fit in my car) so I haven't looked at the Kabinet, but I'll have to look at the fuzzy stuff as well.

And good to be back. This is one of the few happy places on the Internet.

• I think the time of big Updates is over.

I’m not so sure. The recent Tone Junkie video and the fact that CK has repeatedly said the current hardware has loads of capacity left in it makes me think they must have something up their sleeves. Can’t wait to find out what it is,😎

Now we can consentrate on learning and playing guitar in it's art.😜

That would definitely be the sensible thing to do 👍

• whats up with the tone junkie vid???anyone know??

I assume the Beta-testing team here will know, but I doubt they will give us a hint 'till is not live on the website8). Will have to wait for the announcement ;(^^

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• jus wanna spend some money on new gear,,, ,can always spend it elsewhere,so,, a little info, would be nice, for loyal 10 year plus, kemper users,,

jus sayin,,,

They've learned the hard way about making announcements of upcoming things before it's sorted out. 30 seconds after excitement comes "when will it be ready" "why won't they update us on how long" etc. If they're in beta testing with something and are having conversations about upcoming things, it's probably right around the corner. Then again maybe not. Their best course of action is to lay low and say nothing until they can deliver. Cause whether we are in the dark or in-the-know, we'l be waiting until a stable beta is ready anyway. My best guess is they will announce firmware update, not a new product as the timing of a new product announcement might have made sense at NAMM, then again what do I know? If something's not ready, it isn't ready and you hold off an announcement until you have your ducks in a row.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This will give the alternative capture platforms something to chew on. The ability to tweak a capture/profile is undeniably useful in the hands of a guitarist. The tonestack modelling thing has often been discussed as desirable/the next step but seemed like a big ask technically - almost far fetched. Kemper have done it apparently - and patented it too! Quite possibly other approaches that are more AI based will get around that patent but the whole game is moving on to a new level if this is the new standard.

This whole suite of announcements - profiling from Rig Manager, USB audio, Android support for the Editor - very impressive indeed and the whole show works on the current hardware.

• I'm actually really happy about the Android support, because I've always got a late model Galaxy with me.

And pretty fun with the topic in mind, where many discarded this, where I said, that eventually it WILL come, if Kemper runs a sensible company….which they do. But no….nobody believed this, because Kemper apparently said, that it wasn’t coming. I, for one, couldn’t see why they wouldn’t do it, since there are more Android devices than Apple devices out there….as far as I know. So to NOT do Android, I considered weird. So happy for the droid users.

Liquid profiling - freaking awesome. Looking forward to that.
    Usb recording/reamping - That’s gonna be my favorite thing. No doubt. S/Pdif just doesn’t work on my RME Babyface. So that’s a killer update. Didn’t think it was possible, but always hoped, since it’s industry standard nowadays.

That’s some serious news 💪 Damn 🙏🏻