Thinking about a B rig, or a fly rig, specifically the Atomic Amplifire 3, any users?

• Thinking about a B rig, or a fly rig, specifically the Atomic Amplifire 3, specifically for its form factor, coupled with a foot pedal poweramp, purely as a safety backup for the main Kemper rig. I know its been done to death, but has anyone actual experience using this specific device? I'd be looking to assign the 3 footswitches as per "slots in performance mode", mainly Clean, Distorted, Lead Boost, and not as effect ON/OFF. Is this possible?

Thanx in advance!

S

• Sorry, this does not answer your question but I am asking myself why you do not consider the Amp1. I mean if you play Kemper you are used to quality and IMHO the atomic does not deliver that.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• I had one prior to the Kemper.

Yes, it’s possible.

For a backup it would do fine. You’ll need to tweak a fair bit to get what you want from the models and the interface is……archaic. Even compared to the KPA. Some effect parameters aren’t at all intuitive.

But it’s a powerful little unit and can sound really good. Especially for what a 3 button can be had for.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I had an Atomic Amplifire once and compared it to Kemper.

The form factor is nice. But I did not like the sound at all. It had strange digital artefacts in the sustain of a note. No problem for hight gain, but anoying IMO for overdrive and brake up tones.

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• For $400 I’d go with the tonex as a backup. Only thing the atomic does that the tonex doesn’t do is delay. And probably have limited control over that. If you want effects with you backup, get a pod go for $450. The modeling will be as good as the atomic, simple and convenient editor and all of line 6’s good effects.

• I have an AA3 and really like it, in spite of some limitations. The effects are fairly basic - I'd probably look for some kind of outboard effects unit if I was going to use it for anything besides emergency backup.