Liquid Profiles

• I’m just hoping the update allows you to switch from browse to performance mode in rig manager. That might be a screwy deal for the manual chicken head rack/head knob. But for the stage it makes total sense. The way my office is set up it makes sense to sit the stage under my desk, back a ways so I’m not stepping on it while I do my job. I’m tired of hitting my head on my desk to change the mode

• AS EXPECTED, the other guy (with steam coming out of his ears when the Kemper is mentioned) just commented today on their forum:

"Liquid Profiling is a blatant infringement on my patent."

:D:D:D:D

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• AS EXPECTED, the other guy (with steam coming out of his ears when the Kemper is mentioned) just commented today on their forum:

Huh... Who, on which forum? Patent on what?

Yes, CK mentioned, that it is Kemper that has a patent on this new liquid thing.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Tired of getting his **s kicked by Kemper. He stole his original idea from Line 6, so boo hoo Mr Grouch.

• Huh... Who, on which forum? Patent on what?

Yes, CK mentioned, that it is Kemper that has a patent on this new liquid thing.

just google “Liquid Profiling is a blatant infringement on my patent." and you will get your answer. Probably best to avoid naming names on here. I doubt theres any truth to the claim, more than likely someone is just a wee bit salty!

Back on topic, I hope this update comes soon, the suspense is killing me! :D

• So the new USB functionality will use the USB thumb drive port so Rig Manager still uses the "printer" USB port, right?

I can't believe you folks pulled that off. 🎵🎶🏆🏆🏆

• Wow! Cool news. Kemper pushing the envelope of what’s possible once again.

I see it more like, they finally give us, what has become industry standard many years ago. Browsing commercial profiles in RM, USB recording, Android support and “true” eq has been there for a long time and now Kemper finally thinks, that we also should have that. There’s no pushing the envelope imho. Yes….you can argue that the specific Liquid profiling is new. But is it new in the digital amp realm to have “true” eq? Definitely not.

I see Kemper being like Apple. They were first movers once and everyone copied them and eventually surpassing them regarding reaching into the future and now both Apple and Kemper introduce their new stuff way after the competitors.

Is it only bad? Not, necessarily. Making sure it works perfectly prior to release is a good thing. But I really see no reason what so ever, why they waited so many years to introduce USB recording. Line6 has done this since forever. Instead we had to either use analog or the old S/Pdif solution.

I am happy about the news though. No doubt. But I really just look at it like they are catching up.

• So the new USB functionality will use the USB thumb drive port so Rig Manager still uses the "printer" USB port, right?

I can't believe you folks pulled that off. 🎵🎶🏆🏆🏆

Very unlikely :). Rig manager and USB audio will use the same port. It is called Universal for a reason.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If liquid profiling actually means, as some as said, that I can use one '69 Plexi profile and reach over and tweak the knobs and get essentially the same result I'd get from the "real" amp, then this would be a HUGE game changer. As other have said, no more having to have 10 profiles of the same '69 Plexi to get different basic tones.

My only concern is that if we only now need 1 profile of any amp, the little room inside the Kemper where all the profiles are kept will become a bit echoey.

I suppose it will make it lighter though.

• wow !!

They still prefer making happier already happy guitarists than selling them newer units (even the owners of the oldest units!!). Very impressive nowadays 👏. And good for the planet...

Do you think USB audio will be also for toasters?

And how many reaincarnation of axe fx have we seen since the kemper was released? And here we have never seen the latest update, now finally it sounds like a real amp posts ^^

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• My only concern is that if we only now need 1 profile of any amp, the little room inside the Kemper where all the profiles are kept will become a bit echoey.

I suppose it will make it lighter though.

You can save the reverb slot for something else...:D

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I guess you will also be able to change the liquid profiles via the morph function with would be great in live situations for me :)

From all the possibilities which "appear on the horizon" and from the messages I have from friends and folks this Combination will kill it..

Imagine the crunch channel of the SLO100 and morphing.

And this with your own amp you know and not some "model" which gets "updated" every few weeks to become "more real".

Let's hope it works..

• Curious what the update will bring for commercial profilers. The integration of a third party store in Rig Manager sounds good – without going into a debate over whether you want to pay for profiles or not (to each their own), the possibility of selling profiles has undoubtedly inspired studio owners to invest time and resources into methodical and well-made profile packs that we otherwise wouldn't have had. Bringing them into Rig Manager, along with the free Rig Exchange and Kemper's own free packs, certainly will make things even more convenient. If I understand correctly, there will be a way to test profiles before buying (maybe the Store button will be disabled then?), which we didn't have until now.

On the other hand, the introduction of Liquid Profiling sounds like it could undermine one of the selling points for commercial profilers: that they typically provide a whole profile collection of every possible combination of EQ and gain settings for a specific amp, rather than the disparate one-offs found for free in the Rig Exchange. If Liquid Profiling works as described, as long as you know the knob settings of the original amp, one profile would be enough to cover every corner and every sweet spot. And that, in turn, could make those free one-off profiles much more valuable than they are now.

For the rest of us, Liquid Profiling is definitely great news. My bandmate is planning to sell his Marshall head. We're going to profile it first, of course, and the prospect of this update means we don't have to worry too much about covering all the gain and EQ sweet spots – we'll just make a couple of profiles and make sure to remember the knob settings. Combined with merged profiling, which takes the pressure off mic placement (since the direct amp part is foolproof and you can always switch to a cab made by someone with better mics and better ears), there's so much less that can go wrong!

I think exactly like you !!*

I also think it would help in the situations like : "shit I know this tone from this song on this album have been recorded with this amp, this guitar these pickups... [well you know almost evrything] but I can't find one profile of this amp that I could make sounding like this". Event though there's many other possibilities (not the same guitarist (of course!), lots of post processing on the album, not exactly the same guitar,...) at least you could answer the question " Does the profile of this amp done with the settings of this album really exist?"

It's currently happening to me, I try (not very successfully) to find a profile of a matchless sounding like in the dog party Scott Henderson album, and Scott shares all his secrets for free on the web, he says what and how he uses the gears. I would be happy to give a try to tweaking a good liquid profile of this amp, in direct profile mode for instance, with the cab IR's of scott's cab itself which are available and that he participated to elaborate...

• I'm afraid of all the new bugs and problems that will appear with a new software version. So wish you all a happy beta test, see you maybe in December.

Yeah, I heard rumours that liquid profiles can make your dry rigs wetter.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Maybe that's the reason why we had to wait a long time for the liquid profiling ?!

The last patent from CK that I found at the patent office was registered at the German Patent Office on August 20th, 2019

Patent number DE 10 2019 005 855.0

and someone objected it in 10/21/2021.

The US patent of the above is dated 02/25/2020 US patent number US11164551B2.

I hope this is clarified.

I think CK wanted to be sure before he integrated it into the profiler.

Be the force with you ;)

• Curious that Kemper let TJ release the video without coordinating a release to go along with it. I don't think I would have done it that way.

I suspect we can see a TJ pack coming soon (in rig manager like the others) or perhaps he is the guniea-pig for the new market place. Makes sense that kemper and tonejunkie both benefit from this exclusive announcement.

Btw, was he really christened “Haych Jay” :P ( anyone know what the H & J stand for?)

Also (did anyone else think this)

This also makes plausable reason why the EQ button was renedered useless several upgrades ago. They were holding out for the new tone stack, which i assume will go in the EQ slot

• I suspect we can see a TJ pack coming soon (in rig manager like the others) or perhaps he is the guniea-pig for the new market place. Makes sense that kemper and tonejunkie both benefit from this exclusive announcement.

Btw, was he really christened “Haych Jay” :P ( anyone know what the H & J stand for?)

Also (did anyone else think this)

This also makes plausable reason why the EQ button was renedered useless several upgrades ago. They were holding out for the new tone stack, which i assume will go in the EQ slot

I think the release is marketing genius. CK must have had a deal with HW to wait to spill the beans and show the video. They could have announced it at NAMM, but by waiting a couple weeks, but now the update doesn't get drowned in all the noise of other product announcements. But if CK gave HW the green light to share the video, then I'd assume a beta is forthcoming within a couple weeks of the announcement. Allowing a short delay between announcement and beta and/or release creates some buzz and excitement. Hey it's got us all speculating and conversing. It's like the NFL draft. Everyone chats up all the possibilities leading up to it. Once the picks are made, there's a few days of discussion, and then the chatter dies down.

I think this also allows one of the more well known and experienced commercial profilers to have some quality liquid profiles available at the launch of this new feature. A significant percent of KPA users don't do much of their own profiling; they've found commercial and other profiles that they like better than their best attempt at profiling on whatever budget amp they own. They aren't able to like TJ, to make liquid profiles of a $10,000 '59 bassman, for example. So for those people, like myself, the release is tempered by the availability of some well-done liquid profiles to play with.