Liquid Profiles

• I just read the Fractal forum and can see, that their CEO, himself, posted that the Liquid Profiling is infringing on his patent. If that ends up being true, might it not be a problem? I guess they will just settle.

Claiming that something infringes on one's patent is just this - a claim. And making that claim in a public forum is easy, cheap, and generates attention, but doesn't make it true (even though the forum members on the other forum seem to take this claim as automatically true).

Unless he-who-neeed-not-be-named puts his money behind his words and goes to court on this alleged infringement, it will remain just a statement made. And should there be a legal process initiated, it will be up to a judge to make a ruling (or up to the parties to settle). But I'm doubtful it will come to this...

• I have never ever played any of Fractal Audio's gear, but judging on the number (and ranks) of professional musicians who do use it for their work, it is somewhat safe to say that FAS produce very excellent sounding pieces of gear, in particular regarding the effects chain (see, e.g., John Petrucci). So I believe that the sound and most likely also the feel when playing are beyond reasonable doubt, and it comes down to usability, preference of workflow, additional options etc.

Personally, I don't get really excited by the thought that all amps you can have are the models that the company has provided - or some workarounds by users. My ears probably might not notice the difference in a blind A/B testing - or they might, who knows. But the concept a priori sounds truly restricting to me.

For that very reason, I would have thought that the Quad Cortex was a far more serious competitor to the Kemper. If you are really into component modelling, and accept the (few) drawbacks that come along with it (the company decides what amps you play), then the Axe is the best thing on the market. But if not, if you want that extra freedom to just extract and conserve a specific sound of an amp wherever you may hear it, Fractal Audio does not offer you anything. But Quad Cortex does, and it offers additional modelling for *certain* models as does the Axe. So you have your preset models, AND you can "capture" other amps.

Now Liquid Profiling appears to go even one step further: If it works as announced, it closes the gap of the only point where modelling might have an advantage over profiling/capturing: The tonestack and gainstage behaviour over a wide parameter range. And for those amps the company did not provide any model, you are still better off than with classical modelling *only*.

• Oh my... wow, the stuff we read on here once in a while is entertaining. I invite you to learn a bit about Apple's business practices and then reassess. :D

Every corporation is going to have skeletons in their closet. You can pick any of them, be critical, and be right.

They act in their own self interests.

If that happens to coincide with whoever the ‘good guys’ happen to be on that day, that’s called an opportunity. 🤷‍♂️

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Oh my... wow, the stuff we read on here once in a while is entertaining. I invite you to learn a bit about Apple's business practices and then reassess. :D

Wow….it’s very easy to take something out of proportion and turn it i to something different and make fun of it. Well done sir. That’s certainly an ability.

Do I compare their values and business strategies? Certainly not. I only show that I see similarities between how they both were PERCEIVED when they started and how they are PERCEIVED now…by me. And only about these two things. Nowhere do I state, that they follow same strategies and values. Nowhere, I might add again! (It’s mostly regarding the iPhone, iPad, iPod era of course. I’m sorry for not spelling that out. Didn’t think that would backfire like that and turn into something stupid, because someone thinks he knows it all and feels good being a bully).

And these are similar whether you sit high on your horse glancing over the mob while feeling like a bad ass or not. What a typical display of reading something and not understanding it completely and then display it to the public and fit it to the only truth, one see . Well done sir. I salute your truth even if I find it primitive, laughable and sad at the same time. I’m sad for your lack of ability to read and perceive information, my friend. Just to be clear….when I write “friend”, I don’t mean that you’re my friend. It’s just something called sarcasm. Look into it, if you’re not quite sure about, what it is. It might confuse some people.

So let’s compare….shall we? Were Apple in the “beginning” perceived as groundbreaking with smartphones etc? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me. When the Kemper came out, was it perceived as groundbreaking? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me. Were Apple and Kemper being followed closely by competitors and were they trying to do the same thing and reach in to their market? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me.

Let’s continue the fun. Is Apple now perceived as groundbreaking and the leaders of smartphones etc? Yes or no? It’s a no from me. Are Apple taking their time to introduce new tech in their phones compared to Samsung for instance? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me. Is Kemper now being perceived as groundbreaking and the leaders of their branch? Yes or no? It’s a no from me. Are Kemper taking their time to introduce new tech, that competitors already pushed out years ago? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me.

So you see….there you have it. Broken down into what it essentially is, that you couldn’t figure out by yourself. There’s really nothing more to it. Similarities that I see. You’re welcome.

I could have taken the high road….oh well….I didn’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ So please just stop putting something into stuff that isn’t there. The world would be a better place without bullies and I stand up against bullies like you. Feel free not to respond.

• Okay. I just read the Fractal forum and can see, that their CEO, himself, posted that the Liquid Profiling is infringing on his patent. If that ends up being true, might it not be a problem? I guess they will just settle.

I’m actually not worried about this so-called infringement. I believe that Kemper has made some adjustments and that it technically isn’t the same. Kemper is known for all but stealing others ideas, so it might be its totally own thing in the end.

Just a few words about this but i won't expand on the subject cause this is exactly what is intended.... To make buzz and make think it's true on the web... :thumbdown:

In fact, I really don't mind about it and that's not my problem at all, forums are not there to replace justice.

If there's a patent problem, just go to court ! (And i don't have knowledges to know who's right)

I had the same interogation about Tonex/QC/Headrush prime amps profiling but if there's a matter, i assume Kemper will know how to protect their technology....

Just impatient to see and use this new update :!: ;)

• Just watched the video again.

Anyone noticed CKs innocent face when he says "maybe we do keyboards again";;;

Hmm..he did not say that without a reason me thinks. At least I hope so.

• ADMIN WARNING:

Sorry to bring that up, but: This thread is derailed by now. The topic is the new Liquid Profiles and nothing else.

So please, stop discussing anything else in this thread. You can always open a new thread for the rest.

Thanks you guys, GS

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Machine learning has advanced capturing/profiling to a new level. What's to say AI can't improve upon modeling as well. The ultimate resource will/may be an integration of both technologies. Beware Skynet;)

• You are entirely right ! :thumbup:

When will we be able to play with Liquid Profiles ? :saint::evil::?:;)^^

• This coming from someone who is already perfectly satisfied with the capabilities and sounds in the current Kemper regardless of potential future improvements. I think these latest surprise improvements are great and I welcome them. It's like owning a Ferrari and every once in a while the factory decides to give you a new and improved engine or transmission for free. The Profiler has already eliminated a whole category of gear purchases for me, saving $$$ and carrying costs, i.e, back pain. I'm definitely a fan. In my nearly 5 decades of playing and buying gear the Kemper continues to be my best investment. The improvements keep coming and the price remains at a comfortable level of zero. CK, I thank you, and more importantly, my wife thanks you (although she suspects the money saved by not buying amps and pedals is somehow getting diverted to more guitars).

• So 'Liquid Profiling' will allow both amp capture and also for example gain stage/tone stack capture....so those 'sweet spots' should carry over as well in the same way that they exist on a valve amp right ???

• So 'Liquid Profiling' will allow both amp capture and also for example gain stage/tone stack capture....so those 'sweet spots' should carry over as well in the same way that they exist on a valve amp right ???

As i understand it, some amp has been modeled, so you'll have to tell which one you use (Marshall, Fender, Vox, etc...) and when you'll play with Bass/mid/treble, the behaviors will be the same as your amp.... For Gain, you'll just have to inform the gain position....

Yeah not quite correct. You can't capture the tonestack, these will be presets available to apply to your profile. So in theroy you could profile a Marshall JCM800 and apply a Vox AC30 tonestack...not sure why you would want to however.

So there will be the limitation of the preloaded tonestacks - bit like imprints for the Kones I guess...