Liquid Profiles

• In all this discussion, it is important to remember that the Kemper "gain" knob (as things currently operate) pushes the amp further up its gain curve but maintains volume overall - it therefore does not behave like the volume control on the amp - which both boosts level and gain behaviour at the same time (so quiet clean sound and earsplitting distortion sound) - but as a special version of that control with automatic level compensation. This is a great feature of the KPA design which does not get discussed a lot.

I expect that the new gain control in Liquid Mode will remain level compensated, it will just follow more closely the gain settings on the volume knob on the actual amp.

• I expect that the new gain control in Liquid Mode will remain level compensated, it will just follow more closely the gain settings on the volume knob on the actual amp.

I sure hope so. KpA is the only unit that offers auto volume compensation. One of its most convenient features. If user wants to add a little volume while upping the gain, profiles have a volume control. So win win. Add as much or little or even no volume change when increasing gain. A big reason why a high percentage of guitarists through the years got their gain largely from od and dist pedals.

• I sure hope so. KpA is the only unit that offers auto volume compensation. One of its most convenient features. If user wants to add a little volume while upping the gain, profiles have a volume control. So win win. Add as much or little or even no volume change when increasing gain. A big reason why a high percentage of guitarists through the years got their gain largely from od and dist pedals.

i think CK mentioned level compensation in the interview. I think its pretty safe to assume they will retain this unique feature as it is a key part of the Kemper DNA

• So excited. Last beta is from March. Something's simmering in the kitchen and it's going to taste so great, even more when famished. 8)

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• for a rectifier I guess it's just the bmtp controls will be at the frequency centers of the amp now, but for pre-gain tonestacks like bassman or mesa mark amps, are the tonestacks going to be all pre-gain now? or just centred at the same spots as the amp but still switchable pre/post like they already are?

• A lot of people use it just for the FX without the amp models. I have the axe3 and the floorboard and I use it with my real amps for the routing and FX and "pedalboard". Some of the FX are really good and about everything is covered. It even has a Keely Halo effect, so they keep an eye on whats popular and try to provide it.

I dont particularly like the models in the axe 3 personally.

They really seem to employ a lot of CPU power (and respective development effort) into their amp models, but I still doubt whether people who are really into top notch sounds - i.e., the target group for the pristine effect models of fractal - would buy into the component modelling game, in particular, when they typically will have their magic amps at home, with some of them being individually modded etc., so you won't even get that sound out of any digital device other than by "profiling"/"capturing" it.

• for a rectifier I guess it's just the bmtp controls will be at the frequency centers of the amp now, but for pre-gain tonestacks like bassman or mesa mark amps, are the tonestacks going to be all pre-gain now? or just centred at the same spots as the amp but still switchable pre/post like they already are?

That would be easy to implement - but unless I'm wrong, aren't a lot of amps' tone stacks located between the pre-amp and power stage? e.g. I think most Marshalls? This is where I'm not sure quite how they're going to replicate it convincingly.

• That would be easy to implement - but unless I'm wrong, aren't a lot of amps' tone stacks located between the pre-amp and power stage? e.g. I think most Marshalls? This is where I'm not sure quite how they're going to replicate it convincingly.

I'd be surprised if they don't have that as an option or baked-in to the particular model of tone stack.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The tone stack on a mesa boogie for example is between stage 2 and 3 in the preamp section with two amplification stages after. I gather this was based on the Fender circuit (the Boogie was originally a hotrodded Fender Princeton and was played live and in the studio by Carlos Santana in 1975). The tone stack is passive and can cut amplitude of the signal by 20 dB so you need another gain stage to boost the signal back up to a suitable level to drive the power amp.