Liquid Profiles

• No issues with the install and communication. The Kemper USB was recognized by Windows 10 without the need to install any additional drivers. However, it is not being picked up as an ASIO device by reaper. Do I need ASIO4all or the Kemper driver when available for Reaper to see it?

Thanks for any advice

• No issues with the install and communication. The Kemper USB was recognized by Windows 10 without the need to install any additional drivers. However, it is not being picked up as an ASIO device by reaper. Do I need ASIO4all or the Kemper driver when available for Reaper to see it?

Thanks for any advice

Yes, as is stated in the new manual. The question is if you have one ASIO version installed for an interface can you install another one for the profiler. Kemper has stated they are working on their own ASIO drivers to release later.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Yes, as is stated in the new manual. The question is if you have one ASIO version installed for an interface can you install another one for the profiler. Kemper has stated they are working on their own ASIO drivers to release later.

Thank you.

So I guess I could install ASIO4all now if I need immediacy and uninstall it when Reaper provides a driver....or wait.

I already have connectivity to Reaper through my I/O device, so I guess I will wait

• I'm not a Mac user but try this. Go to settings in Rig Manager, switch to beta updates, then check updates in Rig Manager menu.

I know. I’m not using BETA’s. I’m waiting for it to be elevated to official release. I was just pointing out, that I cannot see USB on Mac described in the BETA, so I was just thinking, that they concentrate on Windows first. As far as I see, they only describe USB on PC in the description of the BETA. So I was just happy, that people are posting, that they use it with Mac. I was surprised.

• I tested it on W11, with an old version of audacity I almost never used, but I think it was installed with ASIO4all, and it works perfectly, both ways, kemper <=> DAW, reamping works fine too. Thanks Kemper team, you made it finally, and working well and the RM implementation is very intuitive, few options that are clear and make the job. congratulations.

(in fact because of the lack of USB audio I never went into home recording before. Too lazy to setup a DAW with cables, interface and so on, and unplug everything to go rehearsing. This will change now. )

• What?!? Yikes that's a non-starter for me :(

The only other USB audio device I use is my Roland TD-27 drum set using USB audio to get all the individual tracks, and even with their drivers I get 44.1, 48, and 96khz options.

Here's hoping that changes before official release.

on this topic, I'm sure I've seen on the web a video with CK explaining his choice on that. And I think, roughly, what he said was that in theory (sampling theory, Nyquist etc...) you don't loose any information at 44.1kHz, or it's negligible for the task we're interested in : guitar. He claimed that poeple thinking they hear a difference at higher sampling rate make a mistake...

anybody remember this ?

And I think internally, everything is at 44,1kHz, even the IR's for the kemper are at 44k, right?

• I know. I’m not using BETA’s. I’m waiting for it to be elevated to official release. I was just pointing out, that I cannot see USB on Mac described in the BETA, so I was just thinking, that they concentrate on Windows first. As far as I see, they only describe USB on PC in the description of the BETA. So I was just happy, that people are posting, that they use it with Mac. I was surprised.

works great with the Mac

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• How do You install the audio interface?

I opened Rig Manager and it said an update was availabel. I installed the update, on the Kemper profiler, too. But the Kemper is not listed as audio interface.

Do I have to install another piece of softwrae, too?

• Assuming you are on Windows 10 or later, install Asio 4 All 2.15 - which is a free download. Then, when you select your ASIO interface in your DAW, you can pull up your ASIO control panel, it will open an ASIO 4 all settings panel and you can choose 'Profiler" from the list. You can try different buffer sizes, but you are pretty much good to go.

• Assuming you are on Windows 10 or later, install Asio 4 All 2.15 - which is a free download. Then, when you select your ASIO interface in your DAW, you can pull up your ASIO control panel, it will open an ASIO 4 all settings panel and you can choose 'Profiler" from the list. You can try different buffer sizes, but you are pretty much good to go.

BTW you don't need ASIO4all just to hear audio playback so I would check that first - I did it and it worked perfectly.

I literally plugged in my USB, windows showed a error on the volume control so I clicked on it, a list of devices came up and I selected profiler and boom...done.

• BTW you don't need ASIO4all just to hear audio playback so I would check that first - I did it and it worked perfectly.

I literally plugged in my USB, windows showed a error on the volume control so I clicked on it, a list of devices came up and I selected profiler and boom...done.

True. No audio driver needed for playback.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I think if you want a working 2 way system, -for record and playback - necessary for reamping via USB for example - you will want ASIO 4 All but I got it working with some crackles with the generic low latency ASIO driver included in Win 11.

You are going to be using a driver to connect anything in the way of a peripheral to any port - it is just a question of how well suited to your particular application that driver is. The vanilla one that comes with Windows is not necessarily going to work as well as a dedicated low latency driver.

Apple bought Emagic to get them to design low latency audio at the OS level for the Mac OS and iOS. Microsoft work with audio partners to some degree but the OS audio system is not now, nor has it ever been, on a par with proprietary drivers. Looking forward to Kemper's proprietary driver.

• on this topic, I'm sure I've seen on the web a video with CK explaining his choice on that. And I think, roughly, what he said was that in theory (sampling theory, Nyquist etc...) you don't loose any information at 44.1kHz, or it's negligible for the task we're interested in : guitar. He claimed that poeple thinking they hear a difference at higher sampling rate make a mistake...

anybody remember this ?

And I think internally, everything is at 44,1kHz, even the IR's for the kemper are at 44k, right?

I won't argue sound quality, it's a more practical concern for me.

At least half of what I do is record live bands with audio and video, and in the video world, 48khz is the standard.

If the Kemper only supports 44.1khz in USB Audio, that means more post-production work for me and for my use case, that isn't worth it. I'll continue to use Kemper XLR outs to my interface and work in 48khz.

My only other USB audio device is my Roland TD-27 drum kit, and having the full audio come in one USB cable with 7 (stereo) tracks, and at 48khz, is a real game changer (especially since the TD-27 only have 4 mono audio outs - kick, snare, rest of kit in stereo pair, no other way to get the individual drum tracks). For my video work I'd love to use both of my Stages in USB and save 4 XLR inputs.

Obviously lots of unique ways to use the Kemper in productions, and I'm sure the majority is fine with 44.1. Just hoping Kemper reads this and possibly considers supporting 48khz via USB Audio :D

Live From… Peace Frog’s Den features South Texas songwriters and musicians performing live original music from Peace Frog's Den's studio in San Antonio, Texas. All styles of music are welcome. Would love for you to check us out at https://bit.ly/livefrompfd.

• At least half of what I do is record live bands with audio and video, and in the video world, 48khz is the standard.

This is the problem with the world we live in. The standard was 44.1kHz for years, then some ding dongs choose a different standard.

If we ever get time travel these are the people I will be visiting in the dead of night. Lets just say there will be a lot of people stepping on Legos that suddenly appeared on their bedroom floor. :P

While I spend all of my time in 48 kHz since I watch videos/streams all day long, I applaud Kemper for sticking to the original standard for audio. Once again proving they are the smartest people making products at this time.