Liquid Profiles

• Just had a go with the beta on my Mac Mini (M2 Pro) and Ableton Live. It sounds pretty good, except that it's injecting intermittent digital noise into the track every couple of minutes. I have it in a USB hub, which is where I'd been connecting it to Rig Manager - I'll try moving it to a port on the Mini, but thought I'd post what I'm hearing.

In general, you never want to use USB hubs for any kind of audio/midi connection. They will many time interfere with latency or other things. Always plug straight in.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I wish Kemper would put out a video showing us how liquid profiling works and what are its benefits. I think I understand it, I'm just not sure I want it, so it would be nice to see it in action before upgrading.

I am pretty sure they will in the future or some other yts. Currently they put out hours of explanations for the rigs of Thomas Dill and with Thomas Dill. We only have to wait some time.

• sorry i think my post was maybe poorly worded ... what you're sayin is kinda what i meant also. from what they say in the interview the physical modeling part of the LP will result in a more acurate behavior of the gain and eq tonestacks, so in other words behave more closely like the actual amp. wether this will result in a more sonically versatile profile (ie. wider range of gain and eq adjustments without digital artefacts) is probably an unknown at this point .. i just deduced it because in my mind a physically modeled tonestack would probably do that. for the moment the gain adjustment is more problematic for me than the eq, so i need to load different profiles if i want to go from a clean to an overdriven sound because if i move the gain knob away to much from the original setting i don't like what i hear. i thought that would be one of the point of having the tonestack modeled but maybe i'm wrong.

to make a stupid analogy, i often think of the KP as a sampler or a scanner ... extremely acurate representation of a snapshot ... you can adjust it a bit without too much degradation (pitch shift a sample or color shift an image) but if you push it too much away from the original snapshot it sounds/looks 'fake'. With LP i thought it would be pushin it more into the direction of sth like Melodyne or a Photoshop smart objects where you can adjust things much further away from the original snapshot without it sounding/looking fake. a pure modeling amp would be like a midi instrument or vector image: complete range of adjustments without digital artefacts ... and the KP with LP somewhwer in the middle between a sampler/scanner and a midiinstrument/vectorimage.

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

Edited once, last by stickman ().

• In general, you never want to use USB hubs for any kind of audio/midi connection. They will many time interfere with latency or other things. Always plug straight in.

I’m hoping KpA usb works on my Mac. I’ve never had issues using a hub on my M1 13”pro with my scarlet interface. These new macs only come with two thunderbolt/usb3 jacks, no other connections. So the common hubs made for this computer plug into both jacks on the one side and you just get one that has all the connections needed for recording. Mine has a two usb3 , hdmi, and two usb 2. If recording, I need the power adaptor and my audio hard drive, usb for interface, hdmi for amy good-sized monitor , if I’m doing some keyboard, then I need the 2nd usb 2 jack as well.
    So the only way I could avoid using a hub would be to ditch the monitor, record to my internal drive, or limit my recording to how long the battery lasts.
    im banking that the KpA it will work fine with the hub, but won’t be able to try out the beta for a couple weeks

• I’m hoping KpA usb works on my Mac. I’ve never had issues using a hub on my M1 13”pro with my scarlet interface. These new macs only come with two thunderbolt/usb3 jacks, no other connections. So the common hubs made for this computer plug into both jacks on the one side and you just get one that has all the connections needed for recording. Mine has a two usb3 , hdmi, and two usb 2. If recording, I need the power adaptor and my audio hard drive, usb for interface, hdmi for amy good-sized monitor , if I’m doing some keyboard, then I need the 2nd usb 2 jack as well.
    So the only way I could avoid using a hub would be to ditch the monitor, record to my internal drive, or limit my recording to how long the battery lasts.
    im banking that the KpA it will work fine with the hub, but won’t be able to try out the beta for a couple weeks

If it works, it works. Don't believe everything you read on the internet :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I’m hoping KpA usb works on my Mac. I’ve never had issues using a hub on my M1 13”pro with my scarlet interface. These new macs only come with two thunderbolt/usb3 jacks, no other connections. So the common hubs made for this computer plug into both jacks on the one side and you just get one that has all the connections needed for recording. Mine has a two usb3 , hdmi, and two usb 2. If recording, I need the power adaptor and my audio hard drive, usb for interface, hdmi for amy good-sized monitor , if I’m doing some keyboard, then I need the 2nd usb 2 jack as well.

I’m connected to an M1 Mac Mini via a hub and it is working perfectly so far.

• Any word on which tone stacks will be included?

In the Editor, you can open a small menu in the Amp section - it is a right click from memory. This menu contains a short list of about 6-8 amp names and I assumed these were tone stack options. As soon as I selected one, all the main controls (bass, mid, treb, gain) took new positions.

• In the Editor, you can open a small menu in the Amp section - it is a right click from memory. This menu contains a short list of about 6-8 amp names and I assumed these were tone stack options. As soon as I selected one, all the main controls (bass, mid, treb, gain) took new positions.

I think these have been there for quite some time.

• In the Editor, you can open a small menu in the Amp section - it is a right click from memory. This menu contains a short list of about 6-8 amp names and I assumed these were tone stack options. As soon as I selected one, all the main controls (bass, mid, treb, gain) took new positions.

Pretty sure that’s a list of the amps loaded in your Profiler. Not tone stack options.

If select the amp button, turn the browse knob and you should see the same list. The loaded amp name will change.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Pretty sure that’s a list of the amps loaded in your Profiler. Not tone stack options.

If select the amp button, turn the browse knob and you should see the same list. The loaded amp name will change.

Yeah, looking back it, I think you could be right. I have many hundreds of rigs in the profiler. This was not the rig browse list.

Clicking on one option in that list did not change the loaded rig name. The list has as a heading "amp presets". Presumably this has substituted a different amp section into the rig.

• Yeah, looking back it, I think you could be right. I have many hundreds of rigs in the profiler. This was not the rig browse list.

Clicking on one option in that list did not change the loaded rig name. The list has as a heading "amp presets". Presumably this has substituted a different amp section into the rig.

I'm also just trying to remember here, but I think the Kemper has factory EQ presets named after some amps.

• I'm also just trying to remember here, but I think the Kemper has factory EQ presets named after some amps.

So - ahem - the release notes for beta 1 of OS 9.00 mentioned Liquid Profiles (or did I hallucinate that?). These things, were not alluded to as something that will be forthcoming in the fullness of time/inshallah - but as something - or so I would have presumed - instantiated in this beta.