an updated 2023 hardware

• Liquid Profiling and feature plus an updated 2023 hardware with USB 3 for lower latency, 96khz , new colour screen, more processing power and memory for more effects and more detailed effects please. I would like to buy a new Kemper. Really you guys should get people excited to want to buy a new one....

For existing users the coming firmware is a fantastic upgrade.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rock On! 8o :thumbup:

• USB 2 is perfectly fine for audio interfaces with up to 64 inputs and 64 outputs.

Indeed bro' and I've said here a couple o' times before that MOTU in fact got there first.

IIRC its AVB drivers allowed 24 I/O (simultaneous) when the line first came out. A while later they upped it to 32 I/O and then later on, 64 I/O.

The minimum latency, whilst slightly lower than when using Thunderbolt for the same hardware interfaces, was in the same ballpark.

EDIT:

The OP is making the same "mistake" that's been around for years - peeps confuse bandwidth with latency.

• Personally I'd prefer a downgrade on a screen. A smaller unit for flying dates, but all the same features and connections. It could easily fit in a 1u and be controlled by Rig Manager on computer, iPad or phone.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• No need for new hardware. The updates will run on ALL Kemper units. That is some serious value in the purchase. I think the Stage is a great design. It makes complete sense to the folks coming from tube amps and pedals to the Kemper. I caught on to it really fast when I got mine.

• Ironically in theory 96khz would give lower latency in a daw for the same buffer size. I’m not sure how many Boogies have a 96khz sample rate though.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• While this is true ... the lowest latency in digital audio will be low (zero) latency monitoring right on the audio interface (i.e. Kemper Profiler). Nowadays nobody needs to monitor external instruments through a DAW

Also true

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I actually like the screen alot. It's designed to be viewable in a stage enviroment. Along with the LEDs it's very effective.

As for the sample rate, this has been debated here before and everywhere else. I have sort of settled into the belief that higher sample rates should make no difference for a mic'ed guitar cab. There's people with ears I absolutely trust that says 96khz makes a difference. But man, I don't know. Unless I personally can pick out which is which in a blind test, I'm fine with 44.1khz. And i like the "no snake oil"-approach from ckemper

There's a sample rate output conversion option now for the SPDIF output, so that can be used if your project is a different sample rate. But it doesn't change the internal sample rate of the KPA.

• ..... more effects and more detailed effects please.

The parameters and algorithms for delay and reverb are stunning as-is. Drives and Fuzz have been addressed. Modulation - which isn't thin on options, could do with a facelift. Other than that.....what's the thing missing?

As for power - that's been discussed a million times. Kemper's standard reply is "we've got plenty left under the hood as-is."

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Liquid Profiling and feature plus an updated 2023 hardware with USB 3 for lower latency, 96khz , new colour screen, more processing power and memory for more effects and more detailed effects please. I would like to buy a new Kemper. Really you guys should get people excited to want to buy a new one....

I got less money than before and don't want to buy a new Kemper.

I had tried a lot of devices during 4 years and fed up with this consumerist spiral... I just realised that buying new stuffs won't make me play as Jimi...

My Stage is old-fashionned since day one with its little screen and what is the problem ? I knew it when i bought it....There was a lot of modelers with beautiful screens. I had a Helix before and with sunny weather, i see easier what's on my Kemper's screen, and i won't put 1000$ on the table just for a screen...

I think that new devices will be outdated faster ; the Headrush familly already suffers with "Prime" launch...If you compare...Just stop doing it...You'll be happier and less frustrated...

Fender Twin are old since 60 years....:D

Honestly, i had to (want to) rationalized my gear park and found really what i was looking for (THE SOUND) :love:

This investment was pretty expensive but i really like to see that it's always improved update after update for free without buying new hardware:thumbup: (Thank you @CK, we are talking about ecology and i really respect this philosophy)

The only reason i would like to buy a new Kemper would be to have a backup (just in case)....But 1000/1500$ for a backup for a non-professional musicien is just luxury (got a Nux MG30 for this). A Stage at home may already be luxury for me :/:thumbup:8o

• I had tried a lot of devices during 4 years and fed up with this consumerist spiral... I just realised that buying new stuffs won't make me play as Jimi...

The Kemper is a great piece of kit. For me, it has everything I need and more. The endless search for gear, GAS, is a waste of time and can significantly stifle the progress of playing the instrument. The Kemper is enough for me. I don't need anything else and I don't need to waste time looking for something else. I gives me more time to focus on becoming a better musician. So, you had a big realization in this regard. Good for you. At some level, we would all be much better off if we just 'shut up and play' :)

• The Kemper is a great piece of kit. For me, it has everything I need and more. The endless search for gear, GAS, is a waste of time and can significantly stifle the progress of playing the instrument. The Kemper is enough for me. I don't need anything else and I don't need to waste time looking for something else. I gives me more time to focus on becoming a better musician. So, you had a big realization in this regard. Good for you. At some level, we would all be much better off if we just 'shut up and play' :)

Amen....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• The Kemper is a great piece of kit. For me, it has everything I need and more. The endless search for gear, GAS, is a waste of time and can significantly stifle the progress of playing the instrument. The Kemper is enough for me. I don't need anything else and I don't need to waste time looking for something else. I gives me more time to focus on becoming a better musician. So, you had a big realization in this regard. Good for you. At some level, we would all be much better off if we just 'shut up and play' :)

• In cycling, there's an expression that generally rings true:

"Beware the gray hair with old equipment, a grin and young eyes. He'll rip your legs off at the first climb."

I trot the guy out all the time, but it works......Eric Johnson's stuff is so old, he spends a fortune keeping it running. The Echoplex in particular. But he knows *exactly* what to do with it, and what its limits are. Can't say I'd want to get into a head-cutting contest with my 'new' gear. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• In cycling, there's an expression that generally rings true:

"Beware the gray hair with old equipment, a grin and young eyes. He'll rip your legs off at the first climb."

I trot the guy out all the time, but it works......Eric Johnson's stuff is so old, he spends a fortune keeping it running. The Echoplex in particular. But he knows *exactly* what to do with it, and what its limits are. Can't say I'd want to get into a head-cutting contest with my 'new' gear. :)

As opposed to the guys like me ; “all the gear and no idea” or as we say around these parts “fur coat and nae knickers “ 🤣