Cutoff filter

• I know there are various eq sections but with so many guys prefering the sound thru a power amp and guitar cab, For playback use, is there a way to simply cut everything above the freq. of a guitar amp,

• I know there are various eq sections but with so many guys prefering the sound thru a power amp and guitar cab, For playback use, is there a way to simply cut everything above the freq. of a guitar amp,

Hi.

Not sure I understand your question.
    What do you mean by 'playback use'?

If you use a poweramp/cabinet setup, the cab takes care of those frequencies anyway - that's it's job.

Also, there's no fixed cutoff point 'above the frequencies of a guitar cab'. The cut off frequency, the resonance at this point the attenuation above that point and the peaks and dips of that slope are part of what makes every cab/mic arrangement sound unique.

If you are looking for a speaker simulator type of sound, use the character control in the cab section, or look in the rig exchange for Red Box and Palmer DI as cabs and use these.

does that help at all?

;)

• Hi, I havent found. It would be nice to have both: low pass and hi pass filters in output section of KPA.

Have to quote myself ;)

I´d like to have hi-pass filter in outputs because when some sounds are very good with bridge mic they could have huge amounts of sub frequencies with neck mic and that little thing could be very helpfull to make things easier...now I have to do different sounds for different mics...maybe someone is gonna ask why I dont do that hi-pass to my guitar.. :D

• Have to quote myself ;)

I´d like to have hi-pass filter in outputs because when some sounds are very good with bridge mic they could have huge amounts of sub frequencies with neck mic and that little thing could be very helpfull to make things easier...now I have to do different sounds for different mics...maybe someone is gonna ask why I dont do that hi-pass to my guitar.. :D

I assume you mean pickups, not mics.

sounds like a pickup choice and/or setup problem to me. Adjust the pickup height and angle (between the low and high strings) to make the instrument more balanced. It's always a good idea to fix problems at their source, instead of using tricks later on.

• Sorry my english, yes pickups of course!
    Music Man Luke with EMG:s, I dont see how to solve this so easily you described.
    Maybe I´ll really put hi-pass to the neck pickup, it isnt so difficult because of the active system...

• Sorry my english, yes pickups of course!
    Music Man Luke with EMG:s, I dont see how to solve this so easily you described.
    Maybe I´ll really put hi-pass to the neck pickup, it isnt so difficult because of the active system...

well you could try to increase the distance between the lower strings and the neck pickup by turning the tiny screw right above (in playing position) the pickup counter-clockwise.

• Adjust the pickup height and angle (between the low and high strings) to make the instrument more balanced.

I dont see how to solve this so easily you described.

Making the gap between pickups and strings larger or smaller by turning the screws that the pickups are attached to the body with can really change a lot in this kind of problems between bridge and neck pickup. It is worth a try!

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• By playback I mean playing , not profiling.
    I know what you're saying about recording a cab. but studio monitors somehow find extended freq's, so they just don't sound as nice as the original amp and cab.
    By trying various cab and amp combos and using the cab E.Q. feature I'm getting there but I just thought a simple cutoff filter soft sw. might be an easy solution for those of us playing thru studio monitors. But, I'm probably wrong...
    Baby steps...

• By playback I mean playing , not profiling.
    I know what you're saying about recording a cab. but studio monitors somehow find extended freq's, so they just don't sound as nice as the original amp and cab.
    By trying various cab and amp combos and using the cab E.Q. feature I'm getting there but I just thought a simple cutoff filter soft sw. might be an easy solution for those of us playing thru studio monitors. But, I'm probably wrong...
    Baby steps...

I play through studio monitors all the time. For hours each day.
    The Profiler sounds exactly like a miked cab coming from the recording booth, not sure what you are referring to.

Have you profiled your amp yet?