SPDIF Output triggers erratically by itself

• I got this Kemper Stage connected to my Focusrite 8i6 with SPDIF cable. Set SPDIF Output to 'Git/Master Mono' Mode, to have it to send both Di and processed signals. After playing a while, suddenly SPDIF Output in Kemper starts triggering erratically without provocation - getting to 'Git/Master Left' -> 'Git/Mod Left' -> 'Git / Stack' and so on, back and forward. This is so debilitating! Especially when it happens in the middle of a recording session. Is is possible this is a faulty unit? I have gotten it few weeks ago and just started to make use of SPDIF. It is not too late to return it for refund.:?:

• See if you can swap it for a different one. I’ve used spdif for 6 years and never had that. I’m not even sure what signal could be received at a spdif input that could change output programs. On the upside, USB ins and outs are very close. Did you open a ticket? They’re normally very good

https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Perhaps an issue of the pot of soft button 4.

Do the same accidental jumps happen for example with Presence at the home page?

I doubt, that the S/PDIF Output Source changes by itself, if you are not on that page in Output Settings.

Or is Rig Manager connected and the cursor is on the parameter S/PDIF Output Source and the mouse is moving while you are playing?

• It looks like the problem occurs when S/PDIF clock is set to 44.1 kHz. I have tried different settings and so far - it is stable. I'd like to have a confirmation that such behavior is normal before putting blame on the unit, otherwise why there are few different options for S/PDIF clock?

• More clarification. I also route my DAWs (CUBASE 12) output to 8i6. All this time it sat in background, but as soon as I had S/PDIF clock changed (with seemingly problem solved) and brought a DAW to foreground - the S/PDIF clock has been instantly reset back to 44.1 kHz. Any ideas what settings in CUBASE could play such a foul game?

• Ideally you should set the clock on the Kemper and tell Cubase and your 8i6 to use spdif for the clock. You then need to set cubase project sample rate to the same as the KPA. It’s probably changing because your project sample rate and the KPA sample rate at different. I run Logic but the projects are always 44.1khz, the KPA is 44.1khz and the interface uses the spdif clock. I hope this makes sense

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Exactly! I've just figure out that as well. There is Record File Format Sample Rate in cubase project settings , which has to correspond to that of audio interface and KPA. Originally my audios were in 44.1 kHz , that's why the S/PDIF clock kept changing by cubase. After switching to 48 kHz and reformatting whole my recordings - the latter problem has gone!

But this does not make clear the original problem - why S/PDIF Output in KPA keeps switching by itself with 44.1 kHz.

Nonetheless, it is nice to have a workaround versus not having at all. Thanks.