Sins of Pilate

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The second track from my upcoming album/project featuring King Diamond drummer Matt Thompson, Michael Harris lead guitar, Androo O'hearn vocals and myself on guitar, bass and keys. The bridge section has some crazy tribal throat singing (Kargyraa) by Androo.

As always, mixed and mastered by Gary Long at Nomad Studio. And featuring my trusty Bert Meulendijk Friedman BE profiles 🤘🤘

Thanks for checking it out!!

• Nice, metal with a classic intro. Awesome vocals and playing. Loving that your'e sharing these cos I really enjoy your music a heck of a lot.

If you're looking for any feedback, the riff from 1:40 I think could do with more rhythm guitar chords or something in the background, maybe a synth pad. I find I'm just missing that middle ground for that section in the mix. Otherwise sounds fantastic to me, love that you end on a sweet solo as well.

• Beautiful vocals and awesome vocal arrangements. As much as I am guitar player and love to listen to those (great) guitars here it is still the vocals that lift the song on the next level and to be interesting for everybody. Cool thing, well done! :thumbup:8)

• deadman42 Thanks brother! I agree...Androo has totally changed everything for me. I send him a version of the song with me very roughly singing the melody but he has complete freedom to make it his own. He generally records 5-10 tracks per song. A tremendous amount of harmony parts and layering. It's unbelievable to hear just his vocal tracks. And zero autotune!! Check out the album Intelligent Design by his band Shaolin Death Squad. Insane!! Matt from King Diamond is also in that band. They are close friends.

Per Thanks. One thing I've learned from years of songwriting and listening to bands like Opeth (my favorite band) is dynamics. When to floor it and when to let something breathe. That particular bridge section has 3 different guitar parts and bass already and then we needed to bring Androo's throat singing into the mix. Not only that but you always take into account the next section which in this case happens to be a very intense chorus. So, that bridge has to be a notch lower in intensity to create a build up to the chorus, which it does. Thanks for checking it out.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The second track from my upcoming album/project featuring King Diamond drummer Matt Thompson, Michael Harris lead guitar, Androo O'hearn vocals and myself on guitar, bass and keys. The bridge section has some crazy tribal throat singing (Kargyraa) by Androo.

As always, mixed and mastered by Gary Long at Nomad Studio. And featuring my trusty Bert Meulendijk Friedman BE profiles 🤘🤘

Thanks for checking it out!!

Sounds brilliant Southdakota