NO! NO! NO! Presets are gone!

• The "worst possible" thing happened today. I haven't been using my Kemper for a month or so and I turned it on to play this morning. I then see, that ALL of my presets are gone. ALL presets I have dialed in myself and saved in RM are gone and so are the folders, they were in. I also had two folders with bought preset packs - one of them is gone as well. They are not in my physical Kemper.

What do I do? Can they be retrieved somehow? And what the h@!! happened? They cannot just vanish like that. Or at least I thought so.

Best wishes from Brian

• Can you post a screen capture of your Rig Manager?

Do you see the Local Library Section beneath All Rigs? Is there a number next to it (that's the number of rigs it finds)

If so, is Local Library expanded (the arrow to the left of Local Library)?

• Can you post a screen capture of your Rig Manager?

Do you see the Local Library Section beneath All Rigs? Is there a number next to it (that's the number of rigs it finds)

If so, is Local Library expanded (the arrow to the left of Local Library)?

I cannot post a screen capture. The screenshot is too big apparently. The photo from my phone is also too big apparently.

Yes, I see the "Local Library" under "All Rigs". This is where the profiles and folders have vanished from. Yes, extended. I can see a few folders, that are left. 3 folders to be exact. But some are missing. Some very important ones, I'm afraid. And yes...a number is next to "Local Library" and that number is equivalent to the presets, that are still there.

• Macbook Air M1 2020

Not familiar with Mac folders. Maybe a Mac person can reply with the location of the Rig Manager database so you can see what you find.

You might also want to open a support ticket before you try making any changes in case the original file still exists.

• they are definitely on your mac, try to locate them via

Finder "go to" Tab , use the Alt Key then you see the Library entry pop up

/user/"your user name" / Library/Application Support/ Kemper Amps/ Rig Manager

there you find all there ever was on your mac regarding Rig Manager

• Take a picture of the screen with your phone if you have to.. Or load the screen shot on Google Images or whatever and link to it.

RM doesn’t just decide to delete something. It doesn’t.

If you’ve used Time Machine - or any backup solution - the files are there. If not, I’d suggest setting that up regardless of the outcome here.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Just another thought...

Maybe somehow you've created a new user profile on your Mac (where it says "your user name" above). Look in that "/User" folder from above and see what user names exist. If you've somehow created a new one, your old files may under a different user name. In any case, check under "/ Library/Application Support/ Kemper Amps/ Rig Manager" for any other User names that might apply.

I tried to do this. But there's no Kemper folder in the "Application support" folder ?(. I did a search in Finder and I found some folders, that said Kemper Amp, but I'm not really sure, what I'm looking for. There are som autobackups. It's them? :/

• Take a picture of the screen with your phone if you have to.. Or load the screen shot on Google Images or whatever and link to it.

RM doesn’t just decide to delete something. It doesn’t.

If you’ve used Time Machine - or any backup solution - the files are there. If not, I’d suggest setting that up regardless of the outcome here.

I tried using the phone. The image is still too big for uploading here. Yes, I see that I should have used this Time Machine thing, which I never heard of until now. I'm a fairly new Mac user. It still doesn't take away, that I should have done some backups though. Never did that on Windows either. Never really had this issue before, but it's a good idea. No doubt.

• Just another thought...

Maybe somehow you've created a new user profile on your Mac (where it says "your user name" above). Look in that "/User" folder from above and see what user names exist. If you've somehow created a new one, your old files may under a different user name. In any case, check under "/ Library/Application Support/ Kemper Amps/ Rig Manager" for any other User names that might apply.

Still the same user name/e-mail in the settings menu. And some of the folders with bought profiles are still there.