Kemper as a soundcard

• I'm trying out my profiler as a pc soundcard in Windows 10. And its pretty darn good.

Unlike my Helix (which you can also use as a pc soundcard) the pc sound is running through all of the FX and amp blocks (I'm guessing this is due to the reamping nature of the whole affair). Sure you have to rememebr to switch them off. But it makes adding reverb, pitch and EQ super easy (not as easy with Helix :( ). I'm currently listening to Youtube in a concert hall.

Nice !

• I can't get usb sound to work with my daw works great with youtube. I put it back on S/pdif and everything is back to normal I can record again.

I think I'm going to revert both Kemper and rig manager to the previous update it worked fine for me.

As far as using Kemper as a sound card I think so far its a big failure. Some things work and others don't work at all like vlc media player and cakewalk (sonar) don't work properly, can't record with cakewalk and Vlc media won't make a sound at all but media player works fine. Probably many more but I'm not wasting any more time on it. I rather play my guitar.

My advice is to wait until all these things are working properly and then update.

This update is more of a headache than its worth to me.

Maybe a asio driver would fix it.

• What additional benefits would proper drivers bring to the table?

Latency and stability. But Asio4All for windows is not super bad. If you really need the best performance and integration in a more complex studio setup you won't use the Kemper USB audio interface at all and you have a dedicated interface.

To implement a very good driver integration is not an overnight thing. :)

• Quick question after installing the latest beta; I've also installed ASIO4all that did recognize the profiler.

I wired my 2 HS7 to master output L & R , went to reaper to setup ASIO4all , ok.

But I still don't have any sound coming from the KPA , I check the master section all is OK for me (DAW vol to 10 ...) , same for you tube

Any clue ? I also tried rebooting all that stuff.

• Try this. Make sure the windows speaker tray icon has selected the Profiler and not your computer's speaker system. Remember, you will be limited to 44.1k using Kemper usb.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• solved the 0x80070490 issue

now I have you tube & mp3 running only on my Kone and not on HS7 ! quite strange but nice to have ;)

No sound from master out L & R , driving me nuts !

I have not tried the USB yet, but do you need to select master out L+R on the Kemper? I remember seeing the actual audio sent back and forth is setup on the Kemper.

• thx it was already done : Main output to master stereo , monitor to master stereo.

I went back to Spdif, I much prefer play guitar than tweaking OS DAWs et KPA settings TBH

It's still advantageous for us to keep using our interfaces, but it is a super nice update Kemper gave us for FREE! The liquid part will be great!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• It's still advantageous for us to keep using our interfaces, but it is a super nice update Kemper gave us for FREE! The liquid part will be great!

The USB audio has been plug and play and rock solid for me on Mac. Actually more solid than my Motu Ultralite Mk5 which drops out periodically. However, I would still not consider the KPA USB audio as a replacement for a proper interface. However, the one thing that has really been great for me is the ability to use it with my iPad at rehearsals (and potentially gigs) for recording, playing backing tracks, adding midi guitar synth tones etc. that could be a total game changer for me.

• It's still advantageous for us to keep using our interfaces, but it is a super nice update Kemper gave us for FREE! The liquid part will be great!

I agree. I have too much stuff going to run it all thru the Kemper. Drums, keys, mics, etc. But I LOVE the addition of USB audio and will use it occasionally for sure.