9.0 USB audio is amazing: I'm getting sound from the track I'm working on in my DAW (Cubase Pro 12) from the Kemper headphone outs, and it sounds awesome!

• Here's how I did it:

After installation of the 9.0 beta, the Profiler is found as one of the audio outputs in Windows:

Then, the ASIO4ALL audio driver 'sees' the Profiler as an available WDM Device:

In Cubase, the Profiler input- and output ports are available. This is a Profiler Powered Rack, so only In 1&2 and Out 1&2:

The outputs can then be connected in the Cubase Control Room:

...and done!

• This is all good but where the heck is this?

"Select “Amp Recording” on the “USB Audio” page in the Output Section and select “Profiler” as the audio destination

in your PC settings"

I do not see a "USB Audio" page in RM or under System on my Rack. I figure it should be in RM since the sentence before it says:

"If you have already been using Rig Manager for Windows® or macOS®, just use the USB cable connecting the USB

type B socket of the PROFILER with your PC. Rig Manager can communicate simultaneously, but it is not a
    prerequisite for USB audio."

I see USB Reamping in the Output section in RM not Amp Recording.

Thanks

Brian

• on the dedicated USB Audio page in the output menu of the Profiler there are two soft buttons labeled Amp Recording and Reamping. In the Rig Manager software Amp recording is active as long as Reamping is inactive. Make sure that you are running 9.0 in your Profiler. You can check the version on the last page of the system menu.

• the reference manual refers to the actual hardware.

I was looking in the USB Audio Section starting at p. 131 of the Main Manual 9.0.

"In the Rig Manager software Amp recording is active as long as Reamping is inactive. "

I see the change you describe on my Kemper display when I toggle Reampingbetween Actve/Inactive.

Thanks

Brian

• What do you have set for sample rate?

• Just a tip: If you activate advanced mode in ASIO4ALL then you can activate more than one soundcard at a time to make an aggregate device of many devices.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Using a toaster and Pro tools , has anyone done this successfully yet? I need to keep Focusrite as an input in pro tools as well as the Profiler. I haven't been able to a live output with the USB. If I have to switch back and forth I pro tools then I may as well stick with SPIDF

• Using a toaster and Pro tools , has anyone done this successfully yet? I need to keep Focusrite as an input in pro tools as well as the Profiler. I haven't been able to a live output with the USB. If I have to switch back and forth I pro tools then I may as well stick with SPIDF

Yes, made an aggregate device on the Mac. Audio interface + Kemper combined inputs/outputs.

• I guess I am sticking with the SPIDF for now. I have tried every conceivable I / O Aggregate I can in pro tools. I want to leave Focusrite connected as well as Kemper. The only way I can get it to work is thru SPIDF

• I am having a right mare with this.

Everything is updated, RM and Toaster is running latest OS.

I have ASIO4ALL installed and it's showing the Profiler. However, there is a Beyond Logic error showing.

I cannot select the Profiler in Cubase as an input. I am at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to start recording properly on USB!

EDIT; Got it working actually. Restarted my PC and it's all golden.

What's the best Output from the Kemper to capture? I assume Master Stereo? I'm not interested in reamping at this point.

Edited once, last by iEddiez ().