Cure my pain - KPA meets NAM

• Here is cure sounding track , using NAM on the intro & KPA on the other parts ( Rh , Lead & bass )

NAM - deluxe reverb 57

KPA - Bogner XTC + Muffin stock preset (full)

BASS HugeSVTB7K

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PS : these old tweeds are not easy to mix , KPA smooth it all

I used LA cleans MATS KPA FX presets on the the 57 for a crazy cool integration

• Hey awesome, new waraba always pleased to hear! I'm getting more Sonic Youth than Cure on this one (not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned as I prefer them being more of a noize guitar guy), if you can then bring the mids up on the bass because I didn't hear them on my CrapMac(tm) but when I played through the Apollo it was almost overwhelming.

For me The Cure's main sound tells are (outside of the vocals), mostly low gain/crunch guitars with a lot of reverb, delay and light chorus doubled up with totally clean guitars for chord stabs. A lot of space, like they pretty much drop down to just bass and drums on verses.

Then the second one is Synths, usually high string pads, they just couldn't get enough of that shizz.

The rest is standard 80's faire to me, snappy drums, bass riffs seem to mostly be higher up than you expect on the neck (second octave).

And a good drenching of reverb, just kill the bass on the reverb send.

• thx Per , a lesson in tone design is always welcome, especially from you ! To be fair I don't listen to Cure except 'a forest' which is a killer live track. To me they all use chorus even drums lol.

I used some parallel path on HugeSVTB7K as it's pretty bright , the direct adds some nice round jazzbass , I don't really care for you crap macs ;) I always mix for monitors and I'll sometimes give a 30 sec. listen on my pc (also crappy) pseudo speakers to get a phone experience, at this point I feel you only get the high mid & treble part of the bass.

The more I use NAM and the more I feel the KPA gives a politically correct & commercial tone , NAM profiles keep that dirty mojo & initial impact & feel. ie a honda goldwing vs a japanese circuit prototype & I really dig both experiences.