Please Confirm Main Outputs 1/4 are TS Not TRS

• Can some confirm the Main Outputs 1/4 jacks are TS?

USMC7312

MY GEAR:
    Taylor T5 Koa, Taylor SBS1, Fender Select Koa Telecaster | PRS SE 50 w/ 2x12 Cab | Kemper Profiling Amp | 2x Tannoy 601a Monitors

• So is there a specific unbalanced TRS cable or will any 1/4 TRS Cable do? Funny as my TS cable worked? If this is true why did the TS cable work? Just curious. I wish they would document this stuff better.

USMC7312

MY GEAR:
    Taylor T5 Koa, Taylor SBS1, Fender Select Koa Telecaster | PRS SE 50 w/ 2x12 Cab | Kemper Profiling Amp | 2x Tannoy 601a Monitors

Edited once, last by USMC7312 ().

• It needs a simple TS connector ...TRS doesn't mean that there are 3 connections..the ring can be used to open a contact for ex
    Unbalanced is unbalanced..so only hot and ground

• Cool. That was my understanding after reading everything for a day. Being new sucks, but everybody has to pay their dues.

One thing I noticed is the sound is not loud. Is there something I need to do to get a louder tone to my interface?

USMC7312

MY GEAR:

• Cool. That was my understanding after reading everything for a day. Being new sucks, but everybody has to pay their dues.

One thing I noticed is the sound is not loud. Is there something I need to do to get a louder tone to my interface?
    I'm using a Focusrite 2i2. which have a much lower vol. than any mixers I've used in the past. Another thing I've found ( also a newbie ) is that many of the samples have low volume. For an example of higher output, try the Morgan AC20.

• One thing I noticed is the sound is not loud. Is there something I need to do to get a louder tone to my interface?
    I'm using a Focusrite 2i2. which have a much lower vol. than any mixers I've used in the past. Another thing I've found ( also a newbie ) is that many of the samples have low volume. For an example of higher output, try the Morgan AC20.

I have a Focusrite 18i6 and I use the XLR outs rather than TRS for my interface. It turns out that the XLRs are +10 while the TRS is +4; the extra 6dB seems to be just the ticket for the Focusrite.

• Thanks to BRUNO, I reported this to support and here is the specs for outputs :

Analog Outputs

Master L and R Outputs: XLR balanced, ¼ inch TS unbalanced with ground lift

max output level: XLR +22dBu, TS +16dBu

Monitor Output: ¼ inch TS unbalanced with ground lift

max output level: +16dBu

Direct Output/Send: ¼ inch TS unbalanced with ground lift

max output level: +16dBu

Output Dynamic Range: >108 dB

Dedicated Headphone Output: ¼ inch TRS stereo, 33Ohm

There's an error in the KPA Manual Basics and Profiling where it's written that both XLR and jack are balanced.

Edited once, last by Manolo76 ().

• Thx for straightening this out

USMC7312

MY GEAR:

• I have a Focusrite 18i6 and I use the XLR outs rather than TRS for my interface. It turns out that the XLRs are +10 while the TRS is +4; the extra 6dB seems to be just the ticket for the Focusrite.

keno, you ever tried the s/pdif ouput from the KPA to your Focusrite 18i6? Just as a comparison when it comes to mixing & latency...