USB audio at 48kHz

• Sample Rate Converter? This is all beginning to sound like "Liquid Sampling" is coming to your favorite DAW. :/

I know you can resample from 96k to 48k or 44.1k but can you up-scale from 44.1k to 48k with no problem, or does the DAW handle that? Like if I set my project to 48k, then any lower sample with be upscaled to that 48k?

Yes. Liquid Sampling is quite an appropriate term.

Upscaling is a standard technique similar to downscaling.

It is even a bit easier, as it does not require an anti-aliasing filter. It's just interpolation.

On most DAWs you can import 44.1 k files to a 48 k and they are automatically resampled. And vice versa.

Logic does that same resampling in realtime during recording.

• thanks for all the explanation. what I had mentioned was only a suggestion. Btw, I was very pleased with this feature (audio interface), even though it is designed for 44.1 . I think this feature just makes kemper more versatile. For the moment, i kept my scarlett in the box 😄

here is another suggestion. If you have time, i aprecciate if you read and think about it

USB Output independent

• Sample Rate Converter? This is all beginning to sound like "Liquid Sampling" is coming to your favorite DAW. :/

I know you can resample from 96k to 48k or 44.1k but can you up-scale from 44.1k to 48k with no problem, or does the DAW handle that? Like if I set my project to 48k, then any lower sample with be upscaled to that 48k?

Yes, it is all just simple mathematics. It still involves a great many calculations because you are dealing with an audio stream with millions of samples. This all involves a burden on the KPA processor.

• I am aware that Protools is one industry standard DAW. I am sure they are watching the innovations of another industry standard DAW, that is Apple Logic. The latter have managed to implement realtime SRC for recording and playback a while ago. And Aggregated Driver, to combine two or more audio interfaces. To me, this developement was obvious, and just a matter of time for such big companies. Protools will have to follow, if they feel the request of the users.

I would feel a bit old-school to fill this gap on our side, while a much more intelligent solution is obvious and visible.

I'm currently testing the Profiler audio device in Pro Tools within a 48kHz session via the PT Aggregate I/O and it's working fine. I'm using the clock source of my MacBook Pro's built-in audio device currently (probably not the greatest but I'd only ever use this setup in a pinch anyway) but monitoring back through the Kemper headphone output. Pro Tools has done this for a while it's just not as user friendly as how Logic implements it as you were saying. The latency of course is a bit sub-optimal but your direct monitoring option helps.