Four-Cable Method: What Am I Doing Wrong?

• Hey all. I posted recently about using the Kemper Stage with a tube amp and was advised to try the 4-cable method. I got it all set up and it's working as I'd expect, for the most part.

The pre-amplifier stomps seem to be working fine, and any effect I place in the second effect slot (after the Loop Mono in the X slot) works as well. However, effects I place in either of the other two remaining slots don't seem to work. For example, I placed a delay in the second slot and that sounded good. But when I added a reverb to the third slot, I got nothing.

I am assuming I am doing something wrong. I don't think it's the cabling, so perhaps it's a setting somewhere? If anyone has any thoughts, I am open to them. Thanks!

Cabling:

1. Guitar -> Kemper Input
    2. Kemper Send -> Amp Input
    3. Amp FX Send -> Kemper Return
    4. Kemper Monitor Out L -> Amp FX Return

Kemper Settings:

• Turned off the amplifier and cabinet blocks
    • Monitor Out L is set to Master Mono
    • Loop Mono settings: Mix is 100%, Used Loop set to Upper (using Send and Return 1), and Position set to Post

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Hi mightypudge. Are you looking for something like that?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ok, the guy in this video is using a PodGo, but the method should be the same.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• Please confirm this setting:

Monitor Out L is set to Master Mono

Sounds like you might have hit something like "mod" instead of mono.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yep, that was it. :S Thank you!

Perfect! It kinda had to be that based on the symptoms.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I'm curious to know your take on the sound. When I did this I ended up going back to just the Kemper as the tube amp was just adding weight and I couldn't tell the difference in recordings.

• Funny i was just thinking of this with a kemper other day. I used this method years ago after reading a article in guitar magazine. Used a old boss gt5 an the sky was the limit. Loved it. If i gig again i would def use it.