Not Seeing the Kemper (Profiler) in Reaper Daw

• Hi

I updated 9 to my Kemper stage, and it works fine, my challenge is it doesn't appear in my Reaper (Daw), yet it appears in my PC speaker out and the ins, but not in my Daw.

Is there a driver I have to download to make it happen?

Thanks

• Hi

I updated 9 to my Kemper stage, and it works fine, my challenge is it doesn't appear in my Reaper (Daw), yet it appears in my PC speaker out and the ins, but not in my Daw.

Is there a driver I have to download to make it happen?

Thanks

From what I gathered so far, I think you need to use the ASIO4ALL driver

• Hi.

Same problem Here, i installed ASIO4ALL and now can choose the profiler in Reaper (Version 6) Input and output.

Now i can see the guitar signal when i record a track, but no sound in output from the kemper earphones jack.

Thank you.

• Make sure you "arm" the track in Reaper. I actually had to lower the Kemper's DAW volume option to about 7.5.

Check in Reaper Preferences/Audio that the Profiler 1 and 2 input range is selected, and the Profiler 1 and 2 output range is selected. See pic.

In Output settings of Kemper, Page 7 of 10. Set the Rec. Source to Master Stereo.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 3 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• Working fine now, but is it normal that you hear the recorded sounds in the DAW on the computer only in the phone out of the kemper? in playback I'm experiencing some cracklings in the audio also... Would it be possible to select for example the realtec in the DAW output range? Now you can only choose "profiler" I can monitor the recording when I choose another "audio system" in the audio device settings...

• Audio is always output from the device that is selected as the audio output device in your DAW. When the Profiler is selected the DAW signal will be present at all of the Profiler outputs. If you experience crackles you might want to increase the buffer size in your DAW to take some load off your computer's CPU.

• Alternative to Asio4All (works great, try it!) for Kemper USB recording in Reaper DAW:

*Preferences/Device/Audio Device Settings/Audio System : WaveOut

Input device: Digital Audio Interface (Profil

Output device: Digital Audio Interface (Profil

Sample format: 16 bit

Input Channels: 2

Output Channels: 2

Sample Rate: 48000 Khz

Buffer: 8 x 512 samples

(using the heaphone output for monitoring)

For multitracking Guitar and bass using Kemper's Headphone output:

D.I. gtr track: Set to input- mono- Left (mute this track)

Kemper profile amped gtr track: Set to input- mono- Right

After recording the 1st rhythm gtr part, pan it 100% Left.

In Rig Manager/Input settings, adjust the Panorama control to between 75-100% Right (to taste). Now you can hear the previous recorded take in the left ear, click or drum track in the center, and current playing in the right. By recording in mono, the panorama control does not affect the recorded signal (because both are panned right)

Asio4All is pretty poor in my experience, and really a desperation need only. Random clicks, glitches, and the ever important audio driver reported latency to Reaper were always issues to me. I did try it first, and had the same issues. Using WaveOut (so far) is incredible! I'll be deleting Asio4All from my system.

Many thanks and appreciation to the Kemper team for adding USB recording. Grazie Mille!

I'm still experimenting (and haven't read the manual yet..), but so far it is completely amazing. Looking forward to the Kemper audio drivers when released, but so far this works well. Here's 3 distinct improvements over how I've been recording:

1) The Kemper headphone output is incredible, it sounds great, and now you can use it for tracking and mixing! It's hard to describe, just so much better than the audio interfaces I've used.

2) USB recording sounds exact! 100% exactly what I played and heard thru the headphones is recorded in Reaper. It sounds identical on playback.

I did a test recording vs. my old method, and it's much improved, sounds fuller, more raw? somehow, just totally accurate!

3) Recording latency offset/playback timing- this is always a challenge for me. Does what you play- record and playback perfectly in time? Exactly to the click, exactly as you recorded it? Usually I try to measure and adjust the 'audio driver reported latency', and work with that. Actually haven't measured Kemper USB yet, but just in my 1st test vs. my audio interface it seems spot on, better, tighter than the interface.....

Cheers, and thanks Kemper Team!:)

• I tried WaveOut and got audio error in Reaper. Windows 10 Pro.

• by the way: does WASAPI work for you?

Preferences/Device/Audio Device Settings/Audio device settings:

Audio System: WASAPI

Mode: Exclusive mode

Input device: <profiler>

Output device: <profiler>

Input channels: 4

Output channels: 4

Block size: 256 samples (<---- maybe increase this if there are crackles in the audio)

Preferred depth: 24 bit

Samplerate: 44100 Hz

this should result in fine audio I/O, without the need to revert to ASIO/asio4all

• Yes. I can go down to 144 samples before artifacts start popping in.

• OK.. so for Reaper there is no need for ASIO then, or is it ?

It does not appear ASIO is needed. I can lower the sample rate to 144 with WASAPI, and about a 3.2ms latency which is only about standing 4 feet away from a cabinet. ASIO4All only allows me to do 160 samples which comes out to 3.6ms. I do not like to do Direct Monitoring.

Just note I've only used the WASAPI config for a few hours with a guitar and drum track and a few plugins but it seems to be good enough.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• Hey! I have tried the ASIO4ALL, on the Output Range of Reaper, the First and Last options I get "Not Connected 1" and "Not Connected 2" as the only options... Also, there is no sound out, when I check the recordings.

I ideally need to be recording 2 signals/tracks - the processed one and the stripped line for reamping.

WASAPI gives me an error in Reaper..

Burkhard , as I understand, there will be drivers from Kemper coming in a near future?

Thank you .)

• Interesting, I have managed to make it work.

Output section on Kemper: DI / Master Mono

Reaper Preferences, Audio System: DirectSound. Input and Output: Profiler.

Then 2 channels on Reaper, setting different Inputs per channel, - left and right.