Reamping with USB

• Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Despite having the Kemper for a year, I have never tried reamping, now that the USB feature is available, Im just wondering how would I go about reamping with this feature.

Any help appreciated

• First, go to Page 7 of 10 in Output menu. Select DI/ Master Left as your Rec. Source. Your DI will be recorded on the Profiler 1 in and your full signal will be recorded on Profiler 2 in. Create 2 tracks in DAW and label those accordingly. Make sure both tracks are "armed" when you make your first initial recording. You may mute the slider for playback of the DI track when recording.

I haven't gotten any further than above yet, but I will use my reamping tutorial for the rest. I assume it is going to be the same minus my interface. BTW, I am using Reaper.

reamping tutorial.

How to Reamp Kemper with Reaper (non-SPDIF Method) Tutorial..

I'm probably going to make a new tutorial for the Kemper USB.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm trying the USB reamping and am basically hearing a terrible noise in my headphones, to the point where I'm a bit worried I'm going to damage something. Here's my setup:

Logic Pro, latest version, audio source set to Profiler for both Input and Output

Previously recorded DI track (in project with other tracks), set to no input, mono Output 1, solo'd

New mono audio track to record reamp to, set to Input 1, stereo out, muted

Rig manager Output: USB Reamping enabled, Direct Monitor on, Reamp Source Stack, DAW volume 1.8

Headphones plugged into front of Kemper unpowered head.

I hit play in Logic and hear a very distorted version of my DI signal, not especially loud or anything, but just fully blown out. I've tried reducing the DAW volume, but it made no discernible difference. I tried reducing the output level of the DW track in logic, also with no discernible difference. Granted, I didn't want to have it playing for more than a few seconds because it sounded like something was getting VERY overloaded.

Any advice? Thanks!

ps: I looked for vids about USB at the Kemper support site, but didn't find any (the 9.0 addendum mentioned them).

And, as a side note, I'm not seeing how I'm going to be able to monitor the rest of my tracks while doing this, if the DI track has to be solo'd. I would want to hear everything so that I can try different profiles, make various adjustments, etc, in realtime.

• USB reamping (Cubase) works flawlessly .Only there is a problem with high latency

Meaning you have to nudge the waveform afterwards to avoid phase issues?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• USB reamping (Cubase) works flawlessly .Only there is a problem with high latency

Cubase takes nicely care of latency and can automatically deal with it once you use the Kemper as an "external effect" in your connections section. Just remember to switch the Kemper on "constant latency" (System menu) for this to make sure latency is consistent independent of the used profile.

I'm not seeing how I'm going to be able to monitor the rest of my tracks while doing this, if the DI track has to be solo'd.

Potentially using the Kemper as an external effect in your DAW might solve this for you as well. Works great for me but I do indeed use an external mixer for monitoring. So I can blend the Kemper into the mix as desired and switch profiles to try things out.

Following videos might be inspiring for both of you (that automatic latency adjustment is mentioned in both):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• if the input and output sources in your audio settings are the Kemper usb, this could be the problem. You could try using a different output destination like the mac speakers or a different interface.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• No

If I listen during reamping

Ok. Seems you either could let the DAW adjust it automatically using external effects as above, or manually make sure the DI track plays a it early.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Im just wondering how would I go about reamping with this feature.

They address some of this here towards minute 6:00 and onwards, but they leave a lot of things unsaid and unclear, like what they are using as Input Device (I asume the Profiler) and as Output Device (Profiler also, or the interface?):