Rig Manager Crashing in MacOs

• Hi, I don't know what happened. But after installing the 8.7 official from the Beta, i no longer can open the Rig Manager . I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but it does not work. It seems to start, I see all my folders and then it crashes. Is there a way to remove also all the folders, so resetting it completely, and then install a backup?

• After many years of stable operations, RM 3.3.5 on my Mac Pro started crashing yesterday. I have no idea why. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling today. Will report back as I work my way through this.

evh5150it, I'm pretty sure you can just go into Applications and trash the entire Rig Manager app. There is no "uninstall" program needed.

• Good news! For me, anyway. Deleting and reinstalling a fresh copy of RM 3.3.50 seems to have cleared up the crashing issue. Maybe RM got corrupted somehow. For other Mac users out there, I'm running an old 2009 Mac Pro w/ High Sierra 10.13.6 which probably means this is the last RM version I can use unless I get a new Mac (not very likely $$$$),

• RM 3.4 requires 10.14 or above.

I was in the same position and found a 2015 MacBook Air running Monterey for $150.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Same here. Can't officially update beyond 10.13 (High Sierra). There is a third party patch available to get 10.14 running on older macs and Mojave still has support for 32 bit legacy software thankfully in addition to running the new RM.

dosdude1.com/mojave

• Hey Steve, Thanks for the advice. I've used DosDude's patches before. If you're careful, they work! But right now, I've got several projects on my old machine, and I can't take a chance on things going south—too much risk for me.

• Same here. Can't officially update beyond 10.13 (High Sierra). There is a third party patch available to get 10.14 running on older macs and Mojave still has support for 32 bit legacy software thankfully in addition to running the new RM.

dosdude1.com/mojave

Unfortunately for me - both my old Macs are 2011. One of the years you *can't* update. Unofficially or otherwise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Unfortunately for me - both my old Macs are 2011. One of the years you *can't* update. Unofficially or otherwise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mine's a 2011 MacBook Pro. It works fine. I don't know about the other models though.

Hey Steve, Thanks for the advice. I've used DosDude's patches before. If you're careful, they work! But right now, I've got several projects on my old machine, and I can't take a chance on things going south—too much risk for me.

With APFS file system you can allocate space for another bootable "partition" that shares the drive dynamically with the older OS minimising the space used for the new version while retaining the stable OS for your other projects.

• Mine's a 2011 MacBook Pro. It works fine. I don't know about the other models though.

With APFS file system you can allocate space for another bootable "partition" that shares the drive dynamically with the older OS minimising the space used for the new version while retaining the stable OS for your other projects.

I did some further research and found that the iMac I have requires a graphics card update to run a newer, unsupported OS. Not simple, but possible.

I had incorrectly assumed my Air from the same year wouldn’t work.

Just updated it to Catalina. Seems to run fine and RM connected to my Profiler with no problems._

Thanks for the nudge!

• I did some further research and found that the iMac I have requires a graphics card update to run a newer, unsupported OS. Not simple, but possible.

I had incorrectly assumed my Air from the same year wouldn’t work.

Just updated it to Catalina. Seems to run fine and RM connected to my Profiler with no problems._

Thanks for the nudge!

:thumbup: