Latency while recording with the new update

• Hi fellows! Does everyone have crazy latency issue ups while trying to record with the kemper directly via USB cable after the update? I can't seem to sort it out, and maybe it's just a problem for Windows users that have to use the ASIO driver, but still, it kinda spoils the whole hype around being able to use the profiler as an interface rn. If anyone has a solution to the problem, I'll be happy to try it out, and if you guys know any rumors about a dedicated driver for the Kemper coming out, feel free to tell me about it!

• If you installed ASIO4All at factory settings, i.e. a 512 buffer size then you will get like 11ms of latency which is awful. Try lowering the buffer down to 128 or lower. If you hear clicks and pops (artifacts) in your signal then you set it too low for your computer.

The other option is to use direct monitoring on Page 7 of 10 in Output settings and your DAW should compensate any recording latency. The only problem with this is if you use DAW plugin effects and want to hear those as you play. The closer you get to 3ms latency and below you can monitor from your DAW.

I'm getting 3.6ms with a 160 buffer size on ASIO4All but my other interface with it's own driver gets better than that.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 3 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• Try playing around with the direct monitoring option on the Kemper as suggested. And make sure you don't monitor through your DAW while recording.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM