Stage STORE button LED randomly on (or so it seems)

• Hi!

On my Stage (OS 8.6.6), I currently use one performance with 5 profiles (from M Britt masa duo rec). These profiles are basically stock, I've deactivated Reverb, I might have activated a compressor on a cleanish profile and that's about it. I don't use effect switchs, just these 5 switches like I would do with a 5 channels amp footswitch.

The issue that bugs me is that, lately, I sometimes find the Store button lit up, seemingly at random, without any editing or switching or knob turning other that the 1 to 5 switches. The letter "E" appears as if I had edited something. I can't reproduce this behaviour, it looks like it just happens sometimes while I'm playing. (It could also be that it powers up like this and I see it after playing for a while, I'm not sure.)

One test looks consistent: when the store button LED is off I turn off the kemper, I turn it back on and the store button LED is on. I Store the performance, store LED goes off, shutdown, power on and the Store button LED is on again.

I think the store button should be off at startup, I think it behaved that way before.

What am I missing?

Thanks

• Do you have anything locked?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just checking, do you know how to tell if everything is unlocked? When I started using the KPA, I didn't think I had things locked but they were. Holding down the lock button will expose them. Maybe make sure your edits are ok and store with everything unlocked. The light shouldn't be on then I don't think. I don't think it's a bug or defect, it's something else.

• You may not use the locking feature......but better safe than sorry.

Press and hold the lock button - all buttons should dim. If one or more doesn't - they're locked.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thanks for your help, I might indeed use the locking feature unknowingly. I've toyed with it once.

I'll check that and keep you posted.

I don't think it's an OS bug either because I've not found anything related in the OS changelog.

• I've tried holding the Lock button, nothing else lights up. I did this in Perform mode and in Browser mode too.

I don't think I have to check this for each performance, do I?

I'm thinking of doing an os upgrade and eventually a factory reset since I use only a few profiles anyway.

I have a minimalist approach to this unit, in the end it's all about the profile: once I've found a great one, I'm good to go. Last rehearsal I used only two mesa profiles. That's what I like about the Kemper, trying profiles is like shopping for real amps.

• If you lock in browser mode everything locked will stay locked in browser mode. In Performance mode, everything locked in performance mode will stay locked. If you save while locked it will "bake" the current locked item into the saved rig. If you save something while locked, you can unlock and it will remain that way. Some people have a very minimalist approach to the kemper and use it like a lunchbox tube amp with great results. To me it's like buying a new Mercedes SLS AMG GT just to go to the grocery store with. It does SO much more and it's easier to learn than what you'd normally expect. A great user on here has a sig reading it's harder to find what it can't do than what it can, and that's very true. Especially if you're using it as it is intended (as a killer versatile amp with great effects) and not trying to interface it with too much convoluted computer gear. Dig into the manual, it's an easy read and well worth it. What you get stuck on can usually get solved here by the best people & amp forum. The manufacturer will normally get involved if they think it's warranted. Very rare fantastic support available.

• Thanks for your explanation and kind words.

I've checked the Lock feature in browser mode and in every performance: nothing is locked. I don't think the locking feature is related to my issue.

Yeah the Kemper might look overkill for minimalists like me, except for one important thing: it works at any volume. Before switching to the Kemper, I have considered lunchbox heads such the PRS MT15 but these tiny things are so loud! I had a mini-recto (used) and I sold it one week later, great tone but the red channel is just too loud.

It can do so much, true, but I've had lots of real pedals in the past and ended up solding them all anyway. I'm just that kind of guy. I love that this unit requires little to no tweaking to sound great, no app, no computer required.

• I've upgraded to the latest OS (8.7): no cookie.

Power on, Store LED is on. I push store 3 times, LED goes off, shutdown, power on and the Store LED is on again.

Rig manager also got an upgrade (nice new features), the Unlock All button did nothing, it's definitely not related.

I'll have to try a factory reset.

• I noticed my store light was dimly on when I powered up (could be for many reasons I'm sure) Ran the performances up and back and it went out. Did you try switching to a different performance and back?

• Yes I tried: it went out. That's the expected behavior. Editing something lights up the store button, switching performance and back discards the pending parameter and the store button goes out.

"dimly on"? Hmmm now that you mention it, my Store button is indeed a little less bright than the others but I think it's just the way it's build. An intentional parameter change does not make it brighter.

Thanks

• I find the light to vary in intensity depending on what the status is. I'm glad you have it worked out, There aren't many bugs with Kemper, For me it's mostly user understanding of operation.

• It's not fixed (or understood) yet. At power on, the Store light still goes on, it should'nt (I think).

Changing performance and back does what we expect, nothing more.

I don't say it's a bug, it might very well be something very obvious that I just fail to see.

Well I'll keep you posted when I'll factory reset my Kemper, starting over from defaults is sometimes a good thing (kofwindowskof).

• Factory reset done. Everything is stock with default rigs and performances.

I switch for the "first time" to Performance mode and guess what? The Store button is on.

I switch to the 2nd example Performance, it goes off. Shutdown and power on again, the button is on. ;(

I must be dumb.

I'll live with it 8)