MIDI over USB

• With the addition of USB audio in OS9, another feature I'd like to see implemented is MIDI over USB.

That would open up a lot of possibilities.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think, like a lot of other users, that leaving the kemper with the need to use the old 5-pin midi cable is a sign of an old instrument, when instead I think it would be easy to implement the midi protocol via USB cable as almost all instruments have been doing for several years now. Hoping to see this update soon. Thanks!

• I think, like a lot of other users, that leaving the kemper with the need to use the old 5-pin midi cable is a sign of an old instrument, when instead I think it would be easy to implement the midi protocol via USB cable as almost all instruments have been doing for several years now. Hoping to see this update soon. Thanks!

All for several years? I don’t see that at all. Why add all the technical requirements. Tons, if not most midi capable devices have the 5 pin, world-agreed standard.

Besides, Midi requires 3 pins. The extra 2 were for possible additions that have never come.

If anything, reduce it to a 1/8” trs and keep it analog.

• All for several years? I don’t see that at all. Why add all the technical requirements. Tons, if not most midi capable devices have the 5 pin, world-agreed standard.

Besides, Midi requires 3 pins. The extra 2 were for possible additions that have never come.

If anything, reduce it to a 1/8” trs and keep it analog.

I don't ask to remove the two 5 pin plugs, I'm asking to add to the USB port the Midi protocol. I play in a band where all instruments, Yamaha and Korg professiona keyboard, Soundcraft UI24 digital mixer, Roland V-Drum, DMX controller, etc...are controlled through MIDI over USB to Macbook Pro. Only the Kemper need old midi cable, so I need a midi to usb cable interface because it hasn't that feature.

• Every device that has USB and can be controlled by MIDI, has an option to send/receive MIDI data to/from USB. Why not a Kemper?

(Just want to keep the thread alive... and need that feature!)

• Same here - KPA is the only 5-pin device left in my setup and definitely the only I know that can do Audio over USB but not MIDI over USB (typically it is the other way around). We need to be patient - it will catch up eventually but as always with KPA - progres is absolutely fantastic, albeit a bit slow.

• I don't ask to remove the two 5 pin plugs, I'm asking to add to the USB port the Midi protocol. I play in a band where all instruments, Yamaha and Korg professiona keyboard, Soundcraft UI24 digital mixer, Roland V-Drum, DMX controller, etc...are controlled through MIDI over USB to Macbook Pro. Only the Kemper need old midi cable, so I need a midi to usb cable interface because it hasn't that feature.

Latest release adds USB MIDI.

• Anybody has any luck sending MIDI-clock to the profiler via USB-MIDI?

It works with the classic MIDI-Input and Cubase can sync my Waldorf M over it's USB-port.

Just with the Kempers MIDI-over-USB it does not work over here.