The Amp Factory

• Hi,

Have just discovered some great profiles from The Amp Factory but when trying to locate them to look at their full offering their site is down and no idea where to go.

Does anyone know if they still exist or where i could look to purchase additional profiles?

Thanks,

Alister

• they are some of my favorite profiles as well. I’m pretty sure they’re still in business as I think I looked at their site in the past month and give it a couple of days and try again? I know they’re still selling Rig profiles they’re available to be purchased for the over loud platform.

• You might be aware, that we offer four The Amp Factory Rig packs free of charge. I suggest to start with those.

These are available in Rig Manager and at the KEMPER download page.

• I had the same problem with the website. Just try again and again until the page is online. That worked for me. There was a 50% discount even around Halloween time.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• Andy was one of the first 3rd-party Profilers out there - if not THE first - and I used to use his profiles a lot back then. Things have come a long way since and there are certain amps and their sounds that I think are better covered by more recent offerings from guys like MBritt, Bert Meulendijk , Tone Junkies, Top Jimi and the likes.

But there is still one area Andy stands out till today:

Brown Face Fender amps!

He has the sweetest *62 Deluxe . I used to have on of these amps and foolishly sold it to finance a 5 Watt recording setup with a Marshall Class 5, Laney Lionheart and a Fender Champ . But when I eventuallyI got a Kemper I kicked myself for not being able to profile my *62 Fender anymore. But Andys profiles took care of that. He seems to mic the amp the same way I used to record mine and I actually used his profiles for an overdub in a song I originally recorded with the real Deluxe.

And Andy also had a *63 Vibrolux, which is THE amp for t"Sultans of Swing". I think Knopfler still has that amp in his collection. Plug a good Strat in the Kemper with that profile loaded up and you have instant Knopfler on the Straits first two albums.

I think the brownface Fenders were spread out over two packs and they are not part of the free Rig packs on the Kemper website. It's a shame these are not available anymore.

There are not that many brownface Deluxe profiles on the market. MBritt has some, but he profiled them with his usual 3rd Power cab, which makes it sound rather generic. Tone Junkies also have one, but theirs has a Jensen Speaker while my old amp had an Oxford , hence sounding different. I still haven't found an alternative to Ampfactory in that regard.