Which amp/profile is your favourite for use with external pedals?

• Ive been messing with various amps and profiles lately in unison with various OD / dirt boxes to see which ones were my fave in front of the KPA. Im a really big fan of the Marshall plexi, Bogner XTC, Marshall 800 and the Slo 100. What are your faves and why? Also I havent heard any other users mention the superb Analogue Man King Of Tone?!?! :love: No love for the pedal :( Anyway heres a nice new thread for you all! Have a great week fellow KPAsters :thumbup:

• I'd be interested in hearing some answers too.

I haven't had a chance to run some pedals into the Kemper yet apart from an Analogueman Sunface with one of And44's Tworock profiles. Sounded great with the usual great cleanup you'd expect with a fuzz face.

Going to try a Fulltone Soulbender, Gristleking original, Captain Coconut, Eternity burst, Hoof fuzz, Klon clone, Beano treble booster amongst others (mostly fuzzes).

Jim

• The zen drive is a great pedal! What about amps which ones do you guys prefer?

My approach to the KPA (and modelers in the past) is to avoid pedals and just switch to profiles/patches with more gain if I want a *bump* in aggressiveness. To my mind, pedals are crutches for single amp solutions - obviously, that doesn't include time-based effects, etc. - that allow us to obtain gained-up sounds we couldn't have achieved easily with the native amp we were using.

Certainly I can use the built-in KPA "pedals" (and sometimes do); but, I'd rather change the profile entirely for a lead or other emphasis as it also gives me an altogether different character to the sound.

Apart from octave pedals, harmonizers, etc., I don't miss pedals at all. :thumbup:

• I agree with guitar straight into amp, but there are so many great sounding clean amps on here that havn't been profiled at higher gain levels and the only way I can think of to drive them is w a high qual. external stomp.
    Eventually I'm sure there will be gazillions of excellant qual. profiles with minute details of just about every combination of guitar, amp, level, mike placement.....but for now a good pedal might get us closer.

• My approach to the KPA (and modelers in the past) is to avoid pedals and just switch to profiles/patches with more gain if I want a *bump* in aggressiveness. To my mind, pedals are crutches for single amp solutions - obviously, that doesn't include time-based effects, etc. - that allow us to obtain gained-up sounds we couldn't have achieved easily with the native amp we were using.

Certainly I can use the built-in KPA "pedals" (and sometimes do); but, I'd rather change the profile entirely for a lead or other emphasis as it also gives me an altogether different character to the sound.

Apart from octave pedals, harmonizers, etc., I don't miss pedals at all. :thumbup:

I couldn't disagree more. ;) Now, I'll admit that so far my experience with the KPA is that the best profiles are the ones that are simple amp/cab/mic set ups. However, I've found that the Kemper's stomps add a lot of life to amps in a way that no amp alone (or amp profile) could. I also have had amazing success using the battery of distortion/OD pedal emulations that come with my HD500 as well as the Blackstar HT-5 dual distortion tube pedal I own. I'm just now thinking it might be nice to have a true germanium based fuzz box too. Which one though? That's the real question...

• Now, I'll admit that so far my experience with the KPA is that the best profiles are the ones that are simple amp/cab/mic set ups.

I agree with you. Every pedal pushes every amp profile in a different way. A real fuzz face in front of some marshall profiles produces a sound you cannot get switching to more aggressive profiles and cleans up with guitar's volume in a different way.