Kemper Kabinet & Power Kabinet chaining & loudness question

• So I have a profiler stage, and I'm looking to get into the Kabinet stuff. I've read a lot about them not being quite that loud, if you were playing with a drummer/band. It seems like you can daisy chain the non-powered Kabinets, but I read that will only get you an extra 3db of volume - is that a lot? Would like to be able to get plenty loud without necessarily also using a PA

Seems like you can't really chain a non-powered kabinet to a power kabinet, is that true?

--

Seems like the seymour duncan powerstage ~200 could be a good option if I need to go that route. I've also read that it's basically the same poweramp that is in the powered kemper - and I assume the power kabinet. Seems like an optimal solution, but open to suggestions or ideas

• What style of music do you play? How many people are in the audience? Nothing is in the PA other than vocals?

Let's just say metal. And we'll say a regular good sized practice room with another loud guitar, drums, bass.

I would like to be able to get by decently without necessarily having a PA available

• i don't play metal...

I have a kone into a DIY Kabinet feed by a BAM 200 (the powerKabinet didn't exist)

It's enough for small gigs 50-200 personns

You should buy one power kabinet first and try it...

Imo, it'll be enough...

• "Seems like you can't really chain a non-powered kabinet to a power kabinet, is that true?"

Yes, correct.

The non-powered needs a typical speaker cable, but the powered Kab only wants an instrument cable.

• Seems like you can't really chain a non-powered kabinet to a power kabinet, is that

Correct but you don’t need to daisy chain them. You could connect a non powered Kabinet to the speaker out and a second powered Kabinet to the Monitor Out or (if you want stereo) Direct Out with the Stereo Monitor box checked.

I would also add that if a single Kabinet isn’t loud enough for a rehearsal room, the problem isn’t that the Kabinet is too quiet but that the rest of the band are too loud. I say that as a 54 year old with some hearing loss and terrible tinnitus from too many years as a younger guy who though volume was cool.

• Correct but you don’t need to daisy chain them. You could connect a non powered Kabinet to the speaker out and a second powered Kabinet to the Monitor Out or (if you want stereo) Direct Out with the Stereo Monitor box checked.

I would also add that if a single Kabinet isn’t loud enough for a rehearsal room, the problem isn’t that the Kabinet is too quiet but that the rest of the band are too loud. I say that as a 54 year old with some hearing loss and terrible tinnitus from too many years as a younger guy who though volume was cool.

Appreciate the reply. Wouldn't I need a powered kemper to do that? From what I've seen the power kabinets only have an input and no output

• Appreciate the reply. Wouldn't I need a powered kemper to do that? From what I've seen the power kabinets only have an input and no output

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were using a powered Kemper and passive cabinet. I've just reread your initial post and see it is a Stage therefore unpowered. You are correct. However, you could use two powered Kabinets in stereo from the Monitor Out and Direct Out if you wanted.

• Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were using a powered Kemper and passive cabinet. I've just reread your initial post and see it is a Stage therefore unpowered. You are correct. However, you could use two powered Kabinets in stereo from the Monitor Out and Direct Out if you wanted.

Stage has Stereo Monitor Out

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better