Novice question: Performance Mode

• I have had my Kemper for a couple years now, and just started really enjoying the tones I was able to create in browser mode. I have a gig in a month, and I want to use the kemper live. I am having issues creating a Performance. I go to Performance Mode, find a blank or example Performance, and using the buttons on the Profiler Remote, I select the different slots and assign rigs with the browser button. Then I store the Performance, creating a new name. However when I then start playing that Performance, i've got different rigs in the slots from the ones I *thought* I had stored. What am I doing wrong?

• use the rig left-right buttons on the right side of the front panel to navigate between the slots while you are editing the performance. Using the footswitches will recall the stored state of the performance.

• Thank you!

Is there a way to wipe out a performance, so all the slots are blank?

you can initialize a performance in Rig Manager or use one of the "New Performances" to start from a blank state. The destination parameter in the Store menu allows you to store the performance in the desired location.

• Thank you!

Is there a way to wipe out a performance, so all the slots are blank?

Actually, no. there will always be "crunch" in the first slot. It's basically like a placeholder so something is in there. Kemper did the same thing with harmonizer user presets, and that confused me at first. Don't know if this is fact, but I've heard that the default "crunch" is set for an ideal volume to use as a as a reference when building performances.