Output Settings

• Hey,

We are in the middle of a Tour and the Bass player of the Band I work for uses a kemper.

Thats the setup: Bass going into kemper, there He has at first effect a pitch (cause some Songs are downtuned half tone) and from there the sou d is being processed with Main out L and R.

Last year I managed to Programm the DI out to be taken directly after the pitch so the Sound guy has a Real DI Signal but with the Pitch. Now we have some troubles with the Jack DI out and I was wondering If I can put the DI signal (after pitch, before amps further FX) on the Main R output (since we only use L)

A step by step guide on that (with out using rigmanager, but doing it directly on the kemper since I dont have my Computer with me) would be highly appreciated!

Thank you

• When you say “trouble with the Jack DI” do you mean the physical connection is damaged or simply that the signal isn’t as you expect to hear?

Also, I am not sure how you managed to send the transposed signal to FOH using the Direct Out if the pitch shift was in Stomp A as this is after the Direct signal tap so wouldn’t be picked up. The only way it would work is to have the pitch shift happen in the Rig Menu instead of as a separate Stomp. This would mean setting one rig as Normal and a second rig as downtuned. The bass player you then step up or down the rigs instead of activating the pitch shift effect in a stomp.

If the connection is damaged then you need to use a different output (Monitor Out) and set it’s signal source as the DI. Which OS version are you running on the KPA as some of the DI options have been renamed recently. Or you could activate Parallel path and put a Loop effect type in Stomp A with the send going to FOH and no return. However, this would also only work with the pitch shift happening in the Rig Menu instead of Stomp A.

If the connection is OK but the signal is wrong then you need to go into the Output Menu and make sure that you have and output source that includes processing. Git+Processing or Git Studio.