Rig exchange file location

• Normally I do not leave rig exchange on. When I click the button "use rig exchange" RM goes through the process of syncing up the thousands of amps there. Are those rigs stored in your computer at all as temp files (or other) or is it simply linking and syncing with the Kemper cloud ? When I turn off rig exchange, does any part of those thousands of rigs remain on the computer like a reference file or something?

• It loads just the links. I always sync to RE on startup. It takes much less time than the Profiler starting. Unless you have a dial-up modem from the 1990s. :)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• It loads just the links. I always sync to RE on startup. It takes much less time than the Profiler starting. Unless you have a dial-up modem from the 1990s. :)

It's just that I rarely use it so no point in leaving it on. I was asking because if it did leave something on the computer, I might as well leave it on then so it didn't have to keep reloading. Thanks

• RM syncs all Rigs in the Rig Exchange and keeps them on the computer. The sync time depends on many rigs need to be downloaded. If you turn RE off, the current state remains on your computer.

• RM syncs all Rigs in the Rig Exchange and keeps them on the computer. The sync time depends on many rigs need to be downloaded. If you turn RE off, the current state remains on your compu

So it stores thousands and thousands of rigs on your computer? Where?

• So it stores thousands and thousands of rigs on your computer? Where?

I found it even though I never thought those rigs were stored locally. It's the "RigExchangeR2.db" (database) file. It is 115MB in size. It's in your User/AppData/Local/Kemper Amps/ folder in Windows. The AppData is a hidden folder so you have to click the "show all folders" option to see it.

I will scratch out my previous comment. Sorry about that.

• I found it even though I never thought those rigs were stored locally. It's the "RigExchangeR2.db" (database) file. It is 115MB in size. It's in your User/AppData/Local/Kemper Amps/ folder in Windows. The AppData is a hidden folder so you have to click the "show all folders" option to see it.

I will scratch out my previous comment. Sorry about that.

I see that file. So 113,000 KB can store 19,612 profiles? Impressive.

• I see that file. So 113,000 KB can store 19,612 profiles? Impressive.

113,000 KB = 113 MB. A single rig is about 6kb. I'm surprised I've never noticed that the "syncing" was downloading the file but I have super fast internet and it almost seemed instantaneous to the normal RM load time.

• Wow, you could store the entire rig community 5X over with one of the small advertising thumb drives they give out at trade shows.

In this day and age files have become bigger and bigger knowing memory is cheaper now but Kemper went the opposite direction and used technology to make what I would think be huge file sizes into teeny tiny ones. They tell the amp "what to do" with a micro amount of data. The range of amps/FX/ cabs you can have all tucked away in such a small space is revolutionary even for now.