USB Recording with OS 9 beta

• Is it possible to record guitar whilst listening to the sound of the DAW via headphones? Has anyone achieved this?
    Whenever I tried this everything starts to stutter and I have to restart my DAW (Cubase) in order to get it work again.

• I do it using Reaper with no problem. I don't using the Direct Monitoring as I like to monitor from the DAW. Maybe you have the sample rate too low?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Yes, I use the current Asio4All. I cannot record and her the tracks from my DAW simultaneously. I can check the buffer size. My intention was that I can do it the same way as with my soundcardasn spidf: Hardware based signal of the Kemper (Direct Monitoring) with all the other tracks of my DAW as playback for the Recording-Session.
    I only want to check if the monitoring with the output of the Kemper gives me a better resolution for Recording and Mixing. If recording doesn’t work it ain’t that bad. I am pretty fine with SPIDF. As long as I can mix with it …

• Are you using Asio4All? I installed the beta tonight, but I dont see an option in StudioOne for the device.

You can select "Profiler" in the Asio4all control panel. Works that way for me in Reaper - ie calling up that control panel from the audio settings pages in Reaper.

• I'm using the Kemper Amp with the USB Recording to FL Studio. The Problem is that i can only select the "Profiler" in the Audio Settings of FL Studio as a "Direct Sound", which comes with 160 ms Latency.

Is there any trick ? Ich have the FL Studio ASIO Driver, and the ASIO4ALL Driver installed. Which settings do i need to set to record properly with FL Studio, with low latency?

Is there a way to record an listen simultanously to the recording. Like "Live-Monitoring". I now that this is possible with a normal Focusrite Interface between it.

• I just did a wee bit of recording with the USB interface into my mac. Monitoring on the MacBook speakers and the recordings start warbling like there is some jitter. I’m using Logic ProX. The warbling is on the recordings and I’m wondering if there are some clock issues?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Consider Monitoring bylistening through the Kempers headphone jack. Then Daw latency is irrelevant.

So I did what i was told. Here is my Solution for FL Studio Users:

With the following settings i got a working setup. If you have any Corrections feel free to give me some tips :)

I set the Kemper to Recording mode (Rec. Source Master Studio) and activated the direct Monitoring.

In FL Studio i went to Setting->Audio Settings; there i choosed the ASIO4All V2 Driver with the standard Settings.

The ASIO Buffer Size is at 144 samples and i got a 4 ms latency.

Then i choosed both inputs on a free mixer channel and muted the Track (thats important). After i assigned a channel (for example CH 1) to the Audio Track of the Kemper as an Instrument Channel i also need to mute the monitoring in FL Studio. After that you can easily record and listening to your DAW (Backing Tracks, Drums etc.)

Only downside is the recording Latency. Every recorded Track sound good with the direct Monitoring but is a bit offset if you listen to the whole Song together. One can correct that but i think im still doing something wrong.

Pleasy feel free to suggest any better ideas than this one :)!

• Don't get all hung up on latency people. If you play 4 feet away from the drummer then that is about 3ms of latency. If you play 4 feet away from your cab then that is 3ms of latency. You experience latency all day and everyday in life. There is even latency from the time you pluck the strings until the time you hear the sound in your ears.

• Question: Are you listening/monitoring with your headphones plugged into the Kemper?

If so, you can set your DAW buffer as high as you want, there is no latency when tracking your guitar.

Sounds like your issue is with recording offset, causing off time issues. Likely the problem is simple: asio4all. Its a poor temporary solution to not using a proper driver for recording. I did try asio4all, and had similar timing offset issues, and uninstalled it.

I'm using wave out, syncs up perfect, others mentioned wasapi. (Both are alternatives to asio in Reaper)

If those aren't an option in fl studio, then you might have to wait until Kemper releases their asio drivers in an upcoming update.

• Thats absolutly right and a intresting point. The Problem with latency is that the DAW instruments don't have any and everything is out of timing if you play with latency.

That's why you have latency compensation options and the "nudge" tool if needed.

• DavidAJack:

Here are the Rig Manager settings I use for Logic on my Mac mini M1 with the latest version of Logic Pro 10.7.8. Note: This requires you to use the input monitoring button in Logic for the track. Make sure your Logic session is set for 44.1Khz and the Profiler interface.