Mission EP1-KP as Wah/Volume, weird toe switch problem

• So I'm using a Mission EP1-KP as a wah/volume with my Kemper Stage. I just started having this weird issue where the toe switch won't work to engage wah by pressing down with my foot. But if i move the pedal down a bit and reach in and press the toe switch with my finger it will engage the wah. I have the correct connections (Out 1 on EP1 to Pedal 4 with TRS, Out 2 on EP1 to Pedal 2 with TS cable), and the settings in "Pedals" appear to be correct (WahPedal>Vol is checked, Pedal 2 mode set as "Mono Switch" and switch tip is set as "A On/Off", and Pedal 4 mode is set to "Pedal Type 1" and function is "Wah Pedal"). I have a wah effect loaded in the first effect slot. It's not my cables, I've tested it with other cables. It looks like the calibrations are fine; when I'm on Pedals page 1 the wah and volume bars move together when moving the expression pedal. I noticed on the bottom of the screen though that "Volume Pedal" is greyed out, don't know if this is normal? It has been working as it should, and then randomly today it started doing this. The only thing that I did around the time this started happening was I unplugged and plugged back in the TS Out 2 cable while the Kemper was on. I'm dumbfounded, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

• Sounds like the pedal isn’t traveling far enough to fully engage the switch. If this has only just started but it was working before then something has changed. The most likely causes are

a - dirt or something between the little rubber stoppers and the pedal housing.

b - the switch was come a little loose and dropped lower into the pedal. You can adjust the switch heigh easily by removing the back of the pedal, loosening the nut on the inside of the switch and tightening the nut on the outside. The switches are made to be adjusted this way to let you set how firmly you like to press before engaging the switch. Some people like it to be a gentle touch while others like more resistance to avoid accidentally switching while using the wah.

• You could try the following:

Go to page Pedal 2 where you have configured the toe switch (according to your description TS cable plugged in socket PEDAL 2), press Calibrate, press the toe switch. If the switch still doesn't work reliably there must be a mechanical issue or electrical issue of that pedal or the TS cable.

At the end of the day all the switch does is closing the electrical contact while you hit the button. You can simulate the same by disconnexcting the cable from the Mission pedal and closing the contacts between tip and ring of the TS jack with a paper clip or another piece of metal. Each short cutting of these contacts should change the on/off status of the assigned effect module with the wah effect.