Tuner assignable to the quick button

• Via midi is ok, but if you quickly turn the chickenhead the risk of switching off the unit is there....very bad on stage. I use midi.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Via midi is ok, but if you quickly turn the chickenhead the risk of switching off the unit is there....very bad on stage. I use midi.

Just in case you haven't noticed: KPA won't turn off immediately even if the chickenhead is turned to the switch-off position. You have a split second until KPA completely shut down. So, if you turn the knob back to the other position promptly enough, the unit will stay on.... :D That said, yeah, it's still a kind of risky...

• Mhhh... An option could be showing a confirmation window before actual shutdown... After all, one is not supposed to switch the unit off too often.
    There could be other accidental events (random contacts while movin the unit or passing by) by which a confirmation could be handy... And they could always add an option to turn the... option on or off in the general settings :)

• Mhhh... An option could be showing a confirmation window before actual shutdown... After all, one is not supposed to switch the unit off too often.
    There could be other accidental events (random contacts while movin the unit or passing by) by which a confirmation could be handy... And they could always add an option to turn the... option on or off in the general settings :)

Very good idea!

:thumbup:

May work or may not depending on whether it is an software off or hardware off switch, if its an hardware off you cant control it through software.
    Good idea if possible though !
    It really seems like it could be accidentally turned off as it is.

• While in the Browser Mode the tuner is still active. As I missing something? It appears to me the tuner is always on. The only difference I see it that in tuner mode you get the level
    in browser you only see the 3 LED's which is still pretty accurate.

• While in the Browser Mode the tuner is still active. As I missing something? It appears to me the tuner is always on. The only difference I see it that in tuner mode you get the level
    in browser you only see the 3 LED's which is still pretty accurate.

exactly.
    i find this to be an extremely useful feature.

• I was scratching my head ?( and thinking the same thing. :)

Does everyone know the tuner is always on?

I personally dont own a KPA (possibly in the future), so thats my excuse to maybe not knowing everything about tha KPA, but i got the info about the LED tuner indication, and while that may be a very good thing, i guess that many including me would want to use the more advanced tuner as well and therefore it might not be that good if it is easy to accidentally shut the KPA off. Silent tuning is also a feature that is good on stage which the advanced tuner has.

The LED tuner doesnt indicate which tone/string that is being tuned does it ?

• I personally dont own a KPA (possibly in the future), so thats my excuse to maybe not knowing everything about tha KPA, but i got the info about the LED tuner indication, and while that may be a very good thing, i guess that many including me would want to use the more advanced tuner as well and therefore it might not be that good if it is easy to accidentally shut the KPA off. Silent tuning is also a feature that is good on stage which the advanced tuner has.

The LED tuner doesnt indicate which tone/string that is being tuned does it ?

No it does not, you have to be somewhat familiar with a guitar and which strings correspond with which notes. So it wouldn't be good for brand new guitarists. But aside from that it's an excellent tool for experienced players adjusting on the fly.

• Btw. I recently discovered that the patch select buttons on the FCB1010 can be configured to have a 'secondary' function. This means after I have used a button to switch to a certain rig I can press it again to send a defined cc#.
    I now use cc #31 (tuner on) as this secondary function. So I can use the same button which I just used to switch to a certain rig now to mute this rig and switch to tuner mode. Very handy!

Cheers,
    Markus

• No it does not, you have to be somewhat familiar with a guitar and which strings correspond with which notes. So it wouldn't be good for brand new guitarists. But aside from that it's an excellent tool for experienced players adjusting on the fly.

Well i think im experienced enough after 30 years of playing guitar, but that doesnt help if you are completely out of tune or tuning to C-drop like i do sometimes, then you have to have a indication on what note you have. Sure the LED´s will work for tuning on the fly when you are slightly out of tune.

Good tip from Markus there with the assingn on the FCB1010, i have two of those (one for backup) since they are both good and dirt cheap as well as easily programmable via pc editor.

It is not switching off for at least 3 seconds. If you really moved to "Off" by mistake, you have a lot of time to correct the setting. And you're looking at it anyway, so you'll notice.
    Timo

• Well i think im experienced enough after 30 years of playing guitar, but that doesnt help if you are completely out of tune or tuning to C-drop like i do sometimes, then you have to have a indication on what note you have. Sure the LED´s will work for tuning on the fly when you are slightly out of tune.

Good tip from Markus there with the assingn on the FCB1010, i have two of those (one for backup) since they are both good and dirt cheap as well as easily programmable via pc editor.

I have 2 guitars that are in Drop C, one in Open G, and it works just fine. If you've been playing for that long, your ear should get you in the general range, then the LEDs help you dial it in more precisely. If you eventually decide to get a KPA, give it a shot, it's a sufficient tool. :thumbup:

• to each its own...
    (standard) tuner is useless function for me since my two main guitars are Anderson's , i.e Buzz Feiten tuning system is installed.
    tuner non-stop LED becomes annoying , more or less ...anyone knows how to switch it off ?
    Kemper deserves better and more sophisticated tuner.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)