Which stereo volume pedal after XLR Main Outs?

• Workaround:

Pedal 1 set to Volume (Pre) controlling the Input gain

Pedal 2 set to morph the Rig volume (Total output volume)

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Thanks so far.

I didn't find any volume pedal with xlr until now.

As written before, t he best solution would be:

Kemper company makes it possible, to configure 2 expression pedals as 2 different volume pedals in the Kemper.

Unfortunately for your situation, given that three or four options already exist, the chances of that happening are pretty much zero.

The closest option would be a quality stereo pedal using standard quarter inch cables. You’ll never hear the difference. Not with a guitar signal.

Why are you so concerned about having XLR?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Unfortunately for your situation, given that three or four options already exist, the chances of that happening are pretty much zero.

The closest option would be a quality stereo pedal using standard quarter inch cables. You’ll never hear the difference. Not with a guitar signal.

Why are you so concerned about having XLR?

Where ever I played since I play Kemper (2015), the men on the desks offered XLR to connect.

Never got quarter inch cables.

• Workaround:

Pedal 1 set to Volume (Pre) controlling the Input gain

Pedal 2 set to morph the Rig volume (Total output volume)

Therefor I have to set morph of the gain in every single used rig.

About 100 performances (2 bands) with its rigs.

That's not a workaround, that's a lot of work!

And what happends with parameters I already morph? Will they also change if I use the pedal?

• Where ever I played since I play Kemper (2015), the men on the desks offered XLR to connect.

That has as much to do with the standard connectors audio desks use than anything else. There's a reason Kemper included both XLR and 1/4" TS main outs.

The only viable, no compromise option I can see to get you exactly what you want is a stereo pedal into a stereo direct box, out to FOH. An XLR equipped volume pedal just doesn't exist.

Obviously, do what is right for you. Your music, your gear.

But the amount of extra cabling you'll need is nuts. 2 longer runs from the Profiler to the pedal in front of you, 2 from the pedal to the direct box and then 2 more from the direct box to FOH. That's not only complex, but introduces a bunch of new places for stuff to go wrong.

If you're concerned about sonic changes with placing a pedal after the guitar but before the input, I think you should look at one of the Lehle pedals. It isn't just a volume pot stuck in the middle like an Ernie Ball. There's a reason those things are $300+.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Therefor I have to set morph of the gain in every single used rig.

About 100 performances (2 bands) with its rigs.

That's not a workaround, that's a lot of work!

And what happends with parameters I already morph? Will they also change if I use the pedal?

The first setting is global, just set the volume pedal to Pre-

Morphing will indeed affects all parameters

• Where ever I played since I play Kemper (2015), the men on the desks offered XLR to connect.

There are converters either way so shouldn't be a big issue although more failure points..

Im still not sure why you need it i.e. what you are trying to do, but I may have missed that.

TBH I've never understood why people need hundreds of performances as it causes lots of issues, balancing rigs and anything you want to apply globally - I'm in 3 bands and use 4 performances but hey that's personal choice.

Not sure if you can use "lock" here as a global setting??

As mentioned earlier, its unlikely you will get a software change as to me its a pretty unique requirement.

Hope you find a solution.

• Use the Monitor Output on your Profiler, set to Monitor Stereo on a Head or Rack. Use an expression pedal to control the Monitor Output volume. Connect the TS Outputs to DI boxes.

• Use the Monitor Output on your Profiler, set to Monitor Stereo on a Head or Rack. Use an expression pedal to control the Monitor Output volume. Connect the TS Outputs to DI boxes.

This may work. Setup for my Toaster is clear, but how to setup my Stage for live use?

Unfortunaltely if I do so, I cannot use the monitor out anymore, which usually goes directly into my in-ear.

• This may work. Setup for my Toaster is clear, but how to setup my Stage for live use?

Unfortunaltely if I do so, I cannot use the monitor out anymore, which usually goes directly into my in-ear.

Use the Headphone out to feed the In Ear

• I wonder if some stereo unit with midi control of volume exists?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM