So where is all this going....

• Hi,

Have had a Kemper for a short while now, and think its great - saw a comment on a board recently that got me thinking what where the evolution of this could lead to. The greatest strenght is in many ways the greatest weakness in my opinion, profiling an amp takes the sonic imprint of the amp at those settings, so requires multiple profiles to get the bases covered for a particular amp - but what if, as part of the profiling process you swept through the bass\tone\mid\gain etc for those ranges to be accurately captured in a profile giving potentially one profile as a digital model of the amp...

Not sure if his has come up anywhere before, just a random lunch time thought;-)

• I have also thought how much the eq settings affect to the profiling process...I mean if you have two totally differently tweaked eq in an amp and you do two profiles, do the profiles differ much...Been so lazy that I havent tried yet.. ;)
    I have done profils only from setting that sounds so good as possible..and from attenuator line ouput or preamp out.

• Yes, one amp setting is great for one guitar/pickup - but may not be the best for another guitar.

On a real amp you would compensate this by changing the eq, gain, amp channel, switches or whatever the amp has.

If we only have one profile of an amp - than it may sound great or not.

That's why I profile all my amps at so many settings as necessary - for an easy one channel amp I need only a few profiles for a 3 channel/3 modes per channel monster (e.g. Mesa Boogie MK V) I need a lot profiles.

Later can I pick the ones I need for the guitars I intent to use.

All other ways do not work for me.

The Kemper saves the pre-stack(pre-amp) and post-stack(cab) filter parameters found during the profiling process - and this parameters change a lot when the amp settings were changed.

It's theoretical possible to combine some of these profiles internally and then switch to the right one when the amp gain is changed (like multitasking in a synth) - but up to then do we need a lot of profiles to faithfully capture the compete amp.

And even than would we need different profiles for different amp channels/modes/switches.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Christoph said some time ago that it would be an easy matter to add tone stacks of different amps to the KPA, and I believe was in the process of building a library of them.
    Dont know whether there are any plans to actually add this in the near future or not.

At an interview for guitarmuse.com he said...

"The equalizer is another obvious tool to go beyond (the physical
    range of the profiled amplifier). We are building up a library for
    passive tone stacks so every amp can be equipped with the corresponding
    equalizer, even after the profile has been captured. The tone can be
    shaped then as on the original. But you can even choose another passive
    tone stack for your profile, or even a studio equalizer, that goes far
    beyond the boundaries again."

• Christoph said some time ago that it would be an easy matter to add tone stacks of different amps to the KPA, and I believe was in the process of building a library of them.
    Dont know whether there are any plans to actually add this in the near future or not.

this would be a great addition for many fully grown male individual™ Kemper users....

• Yes, this would help for different tone settings - as long as the tone stack can be placed before and after the amp.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de