Why are units from Kemper more expensive than some retailers ?

• Im sure this question has been asked before but ............please explain !

If they were cheaper at Kemper then no-one would buy from the distributors and that would kill the distributors' business.

• I saw that JRRs raised the price of their units $100, while they're running a 15% off sale this month. That makes their sale pretty much a moot point. I have to give a shout out to American Music Supply for not only matching the 15% off(that's at the regular retail price), but also granting the 5 EZ payment plan. I've always received top-notch service from them.
    I'm not saying every retailer raises prices to run a phoney sale though.
    My guess is they're going to argue FREE MARKET!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Im sure this question has been asked before but ............please explain !

Kemper's is the "official" final user price; such price includes sellers' margin. Cost for the seller varies a lot depending on exclusive agreements with the producer, usually related to the amount of units the seller monthly buys from the producer.
    A seller may reduce his margins in order to be more competitive on the market: they are actually completely free to apply any final price they decide, even below their cost if it is part of a larger strategy.
    OTOH, a producer who also sells directly also (implicty or explicity) committs himself to not apply discounts to the official price, to not become a direct competitor to the sellers (who could then decide to not sell that item, which would globally cause a loss to the producer).

HTH :)