The 5 minute test with smiles

• After a two week delay purchasing my kemper (the car needed repairs) its here, just delivered at work :thumbup:

Must be be time for my lunch break, I keep a beater Yamaha pacifica and a pair of Sennheiser HD280 cans at work.

Plug em in, turn her on, some sort of clean ac30 profile an go with a a big ol open G chord, ok needs some verbs with the cans, grab two knobs for mix and depth and thats better, a little more gain please and what about a touch of delay, yeah that's real good, move on to another random selection, do the same sort of thing, add a stomp this time, took a minute or two to find the type Knob, select the obliging tube screamer just adding a touch, a massive grin greets my face.

Point to this - I got a really good satisfying low volume sound in under 5 minutes with a really cheap guitar with no prior hands on. Its taken me longer to dial in a good sound on a Fender Twin.

I wanted to believe the hype, and this time it may be true.

This is gonna be good :D

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I was doing a demo in a music store yesterday...I tweaked whilst the guitarist played.

Things are kind of blurry for me without my reading glasses, and I didn't have them with me.
    No problem, I can tweak the Kemper blindfolded, that's how easy and well set out it is. :thumbup:

It's interesting.
    I have hundreds of my tweaked/Favourite Profiles on my Kemper, but the Kemper in the music store wasn't mine.
    Once again, no problem.
    Hit a stock Profile, spin the EQ knobs a little, add the stomp Compressor and a Pure Boost, turn on the Reverb and or Delay knobs, great tones, all the guitarists standing there were WTF in amazement.

It's not a matter of whether they want to own a Kemper, it's a matter of where can they find the money, what can they sell/trade or swop to come up with the money.

"It's a good time to be a guitarist"...not true/BS if you can't afford a Kemper. :D

• Hahaha Lance, I reckon if you get your way there won't be any amps (or money) left here ;)

• "It's a good time to be a guitarist"...not true/BS if you can't afford a Kemper.

Yep, I have a buddy who sold all his electric stuff and just plays acoustic. He was over yesterday playing my ASAT Z-3 through the KPA with stereo ART310A's and he was in nirvana. To paraphrase him, he'd still be playing electric if he knew he could get sounds like this - and it was a privilege to be able to play equipment that sounds this good. Word.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer