Hardware Issue Detected?

• So I just updated to the 1.1.1 beta and after it rebooted, I got a message that reads: "Hardware Issue detected - Date/Time Clock failed. please contact support".

It's kind of weird because I have noticed in the past that the date and time is never correct. I set it to the correct date/time, then the next day it's wrong again. Has anyone seen this message before?

• So I just updated to the 1.1.1 beta and after it rebooted, I got a message that reads: "Hardware Issue detected - Date/Time Clock failed. please contact support".

It's kind of weird because I have noticed in the past that the date and time is never correct. I set it to the correct date/time, then the next day it's wrong again. Has anyone seen this message before?

With progress of the firmware revisions, more checks are implemented. In this case, probably the battery in the panel is misplaced or broken. You should definitely contact support about it.
    Timo

• With progress of the firmware revisions, more checks are implemented. In this case, probably the battery in the panel is misplaced or broken. You should definitely contact support about it.
    Timo

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to contact support yet, but I will shortly. The weird thing is that my KPA is still functioning as usual, but I get that message everytime at start-up. I just click ok, and continue on as if nothing is wrong. Wondering if it's worth a return if it's only the clock that is malfunctioning?

• The weird thing is that my KPA is still functioning as usual, but I get that message everytime at start-up. I just click ok, and continue on as if nothing is wrong. Wondering if it's worth a return if it's only the clock that is malfunctioning?

Storing is malfunctioning (as one example). If you have a Rig and you modify it and try to us "Store As" it will overwrite the previous Rig without warning (and by mistake), since _all_ rigs do have the same time. So the actual "rig name + rig datetime" is staying the same
    You have to get it fixed, so I urge you to contact support. The KPA needs a working clock.
    Timo

• Well I got a reply from support and it's not good. Here is what they said:

>>unfortunately your unit needs repair. In the best case it's a battery problem, but could also be an issue with the quarz of the clock. The clock is important because all rig and preset names are enhanced with a time stamp on file system level. This way the file system makes sure, that each file gets a unique name, because you could give two rigs the same name e. g. 'Max'. If the clock isn't running two files could have exactly the same name and this could cause data intergritiy issues. While you are still working with your Profiler please takle care and assign unique names, if you store anything. Sorry again for the bad news and the inconvenience!

• Sorry to hear you have the same problem. My problem was exactly the same as yours and i had to really 'speak out' on the forum (titled 'Kemper Warranty Issue')...although it is somewhat resolved that i didnt end up being charged for it as i was supposed to, it is not fixed yet. Love the Kemper but this issue is ridiculously tedious to handle...

Btw the problem that i had was the preset would mess up if u edit and saved them and tried to recall them w a midi foot controller (cos they're saved under one time stamp). Temporary solution til now just so its usable is just to 'edit time' and change the minute every time u edit and save. It works but u need patience especially when creating new patches or editing patches for new songs u hv to do last minute. Good luck.

• is there any way to prevent it from happening?

In this case the clock is not working right from the start (though it is being checked in the production, so maybe something happened during transport).
    Previous firmware versions just did not check for that fault.
    Timo