1st world problems...Kemper is honkin' huge on my desk

• Big 26" pc monitor on a smallish desk...and I have the Kemper angled on a front corner, haning off the edge lol....it looks awful, but I like having the display and knobs at quick hands reach...where do you guys put the big, hulking Kemper box in your studio? ...What I'd like to see/have, is a smallish desk with a SINGLE rackspace sidecart that is built into on end of the desk....single because those desks with the rackspaces on either side is overkill and expensive...and then some way of using either a rack harness and/or a rack shelf for the Kemper...

Edited once, last by guitz ().

• Big 26" pc monitor on a smallish desk...and I have the Kemper angled on a front corner, haning off the edge lol....it looks awful, but I like having the display and knobs at quick hands reach...where do you guys put the big, hulking Kemper box in your studio? ...What I'd like to see/have, is a smallish desk with a SINGLE rackspace sidecart that is built into on end of the desk....single because those desks with the rackspaces on either side is overkill and expensive...and then some way of using either a rack harness and/or a rack shelf for the Kemper...

It's the same for me, I'de like all my recording stuff at least to look a little tidy and not soo college dorm type scattered just anywhere... still trying to figure it out... look at different desks, there are planty, even furniture type things for storage.. I kept the Kemper next to the desk on an almost same height chest of drawers, and all my stuff can be thrown in the draws for quick access.. or look at those office desks that can be closed with doors on the front.. it's been plagueing me for a while now too X(

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Yeah, my first reaction to the Kemper was "what the hell were they thinking with this form factor?" My studio is basically a city with no zoning... it just grew organically and that's exactly what it's like... a big tangled mess like some Louisiana bayou. The Kemper's not helping. X( Anyway, it is what it is and I love it so. At least the UI is OK (could be better).

I think it would all be alleviated if they'd just do a software editor. That way I could just tuck it away somewhere and do all the editing and preset management on my monitor like I do with my HD500.

• It would be nice of the users here would post pics of their set ups, so we can all get some new ideas :)

I think the Kemper amp is a great robust shape, I like that it's different... it's in tune with German strong and tough manufacturing... maybe a pink one for the female users :)

• Why not try something like this, not like this one but rather one that swivels and has a larger base.
    That way you could pull it towards you when in use and push it back out of the way when you're not using it.

Of course that's if you have a wall behind your PC desk.

[Blocked Image: http://www.gear4music.com/media/21255/600/preview.jpg]

This looks cool. I'd get a big piece of industrial strength Velcro and put on the plate and the base of your Kemper. Maybe rig up some sort of monitor stand for your big 26" monitor and put the Kemper under it, or put the monitor on a swivel arm.

That Kemper perched precariously on the corner of your desk is just tempting fate. In the battle of your Kemper vs the floor, my money is on the floor unless you have some vintage 70's carpet.

• Hey! Had same problem here, 26" monitor, not enough space, see the pics what I did. Built some nice olive color wooden (12mm plywood) platform, with precise placed holes for the rubber stands to fit in. With these holes the Kemper sits on that platform like a rock!

The arm is a very flexible monitor arm capable up to 8,2kg, see link here: http://www.amazon.de/gp/produc…ef=oh_details_o05_s00_i00 Very solid, and when I´m not working with the radio I can put it aside to the monitor so it does not steal room!

[Blocked Image: http://www.acys-lounge.de/tl_files/content/ppics/kemper_stand_05.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.acys-lounge.de/tl_files/content/ppics/kemper_stand_08.jpg]

• I think it would all be alleviated if they'd just do a software editor. That way I could just tuck it away somewhere and do all the editing and preset management on my monitor like I do with my HD500.

OMG yes....the software editor is needed for soooo many reasons and having ALL the controls laid out visually (not to mention the ease of amp browsing/sorting) would also as you say allow you to put the Kemper somewhere where it's not nearly as critical to have it within reach....If Kemper or someone could figure out a means of getting it into a 19" typical rack...this might work good for me, as it could sit right next to me....

[Blocked Image: http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6079/dv016jpglarge451029v.jpg]

• Wow, you really got it all on such a small table, well done :)