ADA MP1

• Digging in my storage unit the other day looking for an old rack case when I came upon an ADA MP1 that I thought I had given away 10 years ago. The ADA used to be my main rig and while it is noisy as hell it produced some spectacular tones. The clean sounds are nothing to brag about and there are already some great clean profiles on the exchange so I will be loading gain-heavy profiles, gain being the MP1's bread and butter. I've already uploaded some that sounded cool to me. I came across some old ADA settings online that list bunches of cool presets, I will do some profiles and label them as the ADA info lists them. Keep in mind that these profiles are done with a Red Box instead of a mic. If you are running "cab off" this will not be an issue but otherwise you'll want to experiment to find the cab that is to your liking on these profiles. Please let me know if anyone has any old MP1 fave settings they would like replicated and I will run a profile based on the recommendations. Enjoy! :thumbup:

• Digging in my storage unit the other day looking for an old rack case when I came upon an ADA MP1 that I thought I had given away 10 years ago. The ADA used to be my main rig and while it is noisy as hell it produced some spectacular tones. The clean sounds are nothing to brag about and there are already some great clean profiles on the exchange so I will be loading gain-heavy profiles, gain being the MP1's bread and butter. I've already uploaded some that sounded cool to me. I came across some old ADA settings online that list bunches of cool presets, I will do some profiles and label them as the ADA info lists them. Keep in mind that these profiles are done with a Red Box instead of a mic. If you are running "cab off" this will not be an issue but otherwise you'll want to experiment to find the cab that is to your liking on these profiles. Please let me know if anyone has any old MP1 fave settings they would like replicated and I will run a profile based on the recommendations. Enjoy! :thumbup:

many fully grown male™ metalheads will be filled with happiness!

• Loaded 37 profiles based on some old ADA literature plus 13 high gain profiles that I went freestyle on yesterday. That gives a total of 50 ADA profiles. Guaranteed to find something to annoy everyone and they're all FREE! You have to give it if you want to keep it! Please give me a heads-up if anyone has a particular profile from the ADA that they would like and I'll give it a go. Enjoy! :thumbup:

• Thank you very much for sharing the great profiles. Most of them, if not all, sounded great to me and became my favorite (some of them were low on volume, which needed some adjustment and I know this is what is determined by the profiling process automatically). This was the amp I've been waiting for and we have only a couple of profiles (which I like also, combined with Tills Cab) available and these are the great addition. Playing the profiles, I was immediately in late 80's heavy metal heaven (and hell!). :thumbup: -Jake

• Glad you're digging them Jake! I know it was a bit of overkill but I figured we'd try to find something for everyone. I went back after the fact and played the profiles through my standard rig, some I loved and others not so much. I then compared some to my current main rigs and realized that some of the ADA stuff kills and holds up very well to a lot of the boutique amps. Considering I found the ADA after thinking I had gotten rid of it I was pleasantly surprised. It is a nice addition to the rig exchange! :thumbup:

• Thank you, these are great.
    I switched cabs and adjusted tone controls to what I needed and I love them.
    Thanks again,
    Bill

Thank you Bill! Glad you are enjoying them. A lot of good mileage can be had from many profiles with a few tweaks to tailor them more to our liking. My hope with the multitude of ADA profiles is that there is something to fit everyone's tastes. I may use a different setup depending on the guitar I'm playing at the moment or the tuning I am in. The MP1 is a pot of tone gold! :thumbup:

• Hi, do you mind uploading a profile with nuno's settings?

There is already one named "ADA NUNO". As suggested in the OP, you may replace the cab with something else, say, Tills cabs. I used Tills mixed 4x12 003 or something and it sounds darn good.

• Hi, do you mind uploading a profile with nuno's settings?

Hi JCustom,
    As others have mentioned there is a profile titled "ADA NUNO" that is based on settings I located online that were supposedly Nuno's original ADA settings. I can load some additional profiles if you would like based on setting recommendations. For instance, if you find a listing for a particular ADA set-up that you would like to try please provide the ADA settings which I can then load and run a profile. Settings needed would be:
    OD1, OD2, Master Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence.

I run these profiles through a Red Box as opposed to a microphone. You will want to assign a cabinet if you are using your "Main Outs". For my purposes I am running "Monitor Out" with cabs off and they sound very nice through my KPA-Power Amp-Speaker Cab set up. :thumbup:

• Hey thanks for uploading such a great profile! Sorry i should have gone to the exchange to look for it earlier. I've matched it with one of till's cabs and it sounds spot on!