Profiling from afar?

• Really looking into getting a KPA, but have one question on it. In my head this works, but I'm not sure if in practice it works.

The Kemper profiles by sending a signal out through the rig and then having that 'reamped' signal fed back into the unit; what's to stop us from profiling gear from afar? AKA I record what the Kemper sends out to the amp to my DAW, send the file to a friend who has the rig I want profiled, he reamps that signal through the rig, sends me back the reamped signal, and I run that into the Kemper. Is this not possible?

*it's profiling
    fixed it for you ;)

• Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly, but I don't see how the Kemper could correlate the output and input the way it does real time ... ?(

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly, but I don't see how the Kemper could correlate the output and input the way it does real time ... ?(

The other issue is how would you do the refining process. Still... I don't see why a way around the real time thing couldn't be figured out.

• hi,

what about real time streaming in both directions (problem: latency?)

(as a specail service by Kemper?)

or offline profiling feature (advanced test signals + standard refining signals)

:D

• i think i gotcha.

here's how i picture what you're saying:

1. you record the output of the kemper's 'direct out' in your DAW instead of sending it into the amp's input while profiling. this should capture the 'UFO' noises in a wav file. let's call that: "kemper profiling testsignal.wav"

2. send "kemper profiling testsignal.wav" to your buddy in another studio to reamp it through amp X

3. buddy sends you "reamped kemper profiling testsignal.wav"

4. you connect your DAW to the kemper's 'return' jack and play "reamped kemper profiling testsignal.wav" while in profiling mode. during this, the kemper's profiling testsignal is discarded

5. voila, amp profiled from afar

the only caveat i see with this would be if the kemper's profiling testsignal has to be in perfect sync with the amp's return signal. this could be addressed hypothetically if you use the kemper's signal to trigger the playback of the reamped one. same principle could be used for 'refining' the profile, i guess.

• It could even work.....anybody out for a try? You don't even need to do it from far, just test if you can sync the re-amped signal with the unit

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I think what your referring to there is "tonematching" not profiling

No, not at all. It would still be profiling, just using the method detailed below:

Exactly. Right on the money.

It could even work.....anybody out for a try? You don't even need to do it from far, just test if you can sync the re-amped signal with the unit

I've got a friend with a Kemper that I might be able to convince to do this, will get on him about it.