$100 Price Increase Already?????

• I just checked the Two places in the USA you can get the Kemper from, Sweetwater and AMS and both had raised the price of the Kemper $100
    That's just plain wrong! I mean it's not 100% perfected yet and not everything is activated on the Kemper and the price goes up?

• it's not 100% perfected yet

Yes it is. :thumbup:

I imported guitars in 2010 from Japan to SA, the exchange rate between the SA Rand and JYen was, 13 JYen to 1 Rand.
    Currently the exchange rate is 9,5 JYen to 1 Rand...30% difference for the same guitars...what should I do, leave the price the same?

• I work for a Pro Audio/MI distributor/retailer based in the SF Bay Area. We sell many brands including JBL, QSC, Roland, Akai, RCF, Shure, AKG, Kemper and many others. I can tell you that most of the brands that we carry have raised their prices at least once since January. Some have raised prices twice since January. A few have even raised prices 3 times just since January.

This has more to do with the volatile U.S. economy, than anything else.

I in no way speak for the folks at Kemper, but my guess is that they waited as long as possible before announcing any price increase. The hard fact is that the price of everything is going up. Kemper is not immune.

• You would really be whining if you lived in Australia, despite a fairly strong $AU that's been buying between $1.01US to 1.08US in recent times best price I could achieve was $2160 AU ?(

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I can buy the Kemper Amp for £1159 here in the UK (via Thomann) which is about £20 ($30) less than I paid for mine in January 2012, so I suspect most guys are reasonably correct about the exchange rate thing.

Although I would not put it past ANY dealer to jack prices upwards if they are having it more tough these days. The 'recommended retail price' is a guide price only. Im sure that while companies (I'm speaking generally here other than actual Kemper pricing I see) often price fix worldwide, I don't really see that with Kemper. Some other brands are awful for it. Roland being one of them.

I am sure a dealer can sell kit for whatever he wants, but I've never heard of anyone being told they cant sell above the recommended price. If theres no competition (a few select distros or worse - just one) like Mesa Boogie in the UK then the price can be silly. Often those sort of distros will try and justify pricing but nothing adds up.

I have not seen that sort of distro thing with Kemper products regarding pricing thankfully. Another great reason to buy one and recommend Kemper ;)

Careful I'm watching you...

• kpa is also 100€ more in germany now... so nothing to do with exchange rates. is this because they finally succeeded in completing the amp (e.g. missing features/functions of the switches) or just because they can?