USB Shared folder Noob question.

• Hey guys, is it ok to make sub-folders inside the shared folder for cabinets, rig pack 2, paid for profiles ect.. Will the KPA still recognise new additions. I need order in my life.

Cheers in advance

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• No.

Yes, you must make a Cabinets folder in the Shared folder, but that's it...you can't make rig pack and paid profile folders...you don't need to.
    Import everything, then select what you want your KPA to display, 'All rigs', 'Current Author', 'Favourites', 'Last Imported', etc, etc.

:thumbup:

• Thanks, plenty more questions coming, only had this little beauty for 5 days but I can't get over how intuitive it is to operate, and the possibilties!

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• So thats how cabs are imported! thanks for that! :thumbup:

You do not have to make a cabinets folder in the shared folder. (At least with the latest firmwares) you can also just put cabinets in the shared folder directly and the KPA will import them.
    And coming back to your original question: You can absolutely make subfolders within your Shared folder and the KPA will still recognize profiles within these folders and import them. However they will certainly not keep this folder structure on the KPA once imported.

Regards,
    Markus

• Hey guys, is it ok to make sub-folders inside the shared folder for cabinets, rig pack 2, paid for profiles ect.. Will the KPA still recognise new additions. I need order in my life.

You can make any folders you like in the "SHARED" folder. During Import, all files (even in sub folders) are analyzed and sorted to the right locations.
    Timo

• Thanks guys appreciate the responses.